Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

This is Intuit issue, but they balme IRS

Missing 2021 Form 1116

> IRS site says 1116 will be ready 3-3-2022

Where are you seeing on an IRS site that Form 1116 isn't available? I know TurboTax blames it on the IRS, but it is TurboTax that is slow to get it done, and inaccurate with their estimates of when it will be available.

Sally24

Missing 2021 Form 1116

As of February 21st this Form 1116 is still not available.  What happened to the guaranteed date of February 17?  

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@Sally24 wrote:

As of February 21st this Form 1116 is still not available.  What happened to the guaranteed date of February 17?  

There was no such guaranteed date.

Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit for tax year 2021 is estimated to be finalized and available in TurboTax on 03/03/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@DoninGA - Apparently there is NO guaranteed date. The expected date keeps slipping. Why should anyone have confidence on the current 3/3 expected date?

Missing 2021 Form 1116

the date for form 1116 availability is now 3/3/2022.  This is very unlike TurboTax.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

When it did the final review, it opened a form 1116 to fill in some info along with other info to review.  I entered it but as I mentioned before it ended up doubling the foreign tax amount since it already had the info from my 1099-DIV.  In order to delete it I clicked on the top "Forms" and it gave me a list of all the forms and worksheets to open.  I'll just wait until TT releases the the version on 3/3.

Regards!

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Form 1116 on TurboTax is now scheduled to be available in the first week of March (March 3). Shaking my head that my entire claim process is being held up by a form that IRS released at the end of January. You should take our comments more seriously and not "relax".

rtd19

Missing 2021 Form 1116

TurboTax now reports it will be Mach 3 to be completed, but a tentative version is now up.  Come on people, get on the stick and get this done.  The form was issued in January by the IRS.  I want to file before then but am waiting for this....

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I echo your sentiment.

May be, this is the time to try "Other" vendor's software.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

IRS release of 1116

The form was released by the IRS in December 

The 1116 instructions were released on Jan 04

H&R seemed to have no problem doing the software to support 1116

Intuit should at least explain what their issue is

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I just wanted to move away from Form 1116 and just focus on CA 3801. 

Does anybody know where is the problem? Is it at California Taxation department or at Intuit? Why do I have to wait to receive my legitimate refund from California due to Intuit's inability to do their job? 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Current date for the form appears to be 3/3. I wonder how many more times it’ll be delayed. 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Please create a new forum for your CA issue Does not belong here

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I've been using TurboTax since it was distributed on a floppy disk.  I've used Form 1116 for 20+ years, and I never remember it being so late before. So why this year?  Have they cut expenses or something?  I sure hope this isn't a systemic service and support issue that is going to grow.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies