Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Mac keychain password to access turbotax 2022

Thx God, this works. Appearently TurborTax 2022 has a BUG!

Do you have an answer for this - I am getting this too all of a sudden. I'm using a mac -wtf. This happened to me last year and the waits were so long I just had to jury rig and manually enter TONS of information from my older prev year to my current year SUCKED. 

Hello, Using a MB Pro I finally successfully removed the msg taking these steps;

I saved the file I was working on to the MB.     (I don't recall how I did that other than maybe renaming the file)

- Once I got it saved,  I removed TT completely

- I reloaded the TT

- I have had no further msgs 

Hope this helps

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the workaround in this thread for assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

that didn’t work for me on MBP- i uninstalled and reinstalled three times to be sure - STILL SAME PW PROB WTF

Were you able to save your file?

I was worried I'd lose work.  But either I had recently saved before the error message starting popping up or it was auto-saving, because no work appeared to be lost when I re-started everything.  

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

For further assistance, please contact support. 
This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent
Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

richtben
Returning Member

When I try to import my tax information from my broker account, TurboTax (2022) insists that I give them access to my keychain file.  In past years, one merely entered the password for the account and the download proceeded.  Now, if I do enter the keychain password as requested, it is not accepted.  Not only not accepted but it puts my Mac into a closed (whirling globe) loop and I have to completely unplug the computer to escape.
One comment on this seems to imply that I must grant permission for access to Keychain and that I must follow a path that starts with “Applications”.  I assume this is the “settings” icon.  Opening that, I find no such entry as applications.  What to do? (Note to TurboTax: this change is not an improvement.) 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried the workaround here, to assist with this? 

Please let us know if we can further assist you. @richtben 

richtben
Returning Member

Sadly, TurboTax is a serial offender.  Every year-I don’t think I exaggerate-I find myself engaged in some workaround.  E-filing not working for the last two years, other prior problems too distant to recall.  A truly reckless company IMHO.  

richtben
Returning Member

Where did you find “keychain access”?  I’ve been unable to find anything like that.  I developed a (hopeful) theory that when I agree to TurboTax accessing Keychain (and that process failing and locking up my computer), 

the problem is that I have not granted permission for that access somewhere else; TurboTax chokes.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It would be best to click here to speak with us by phone, so we can screen share to see what is happening. @richtben 

richtben
Returning Member

I don’t understand this.  I have rebooted my Mac and started TurboTax.  Nothing pops up that offers any option regarding Keychain.  I have to get further into the income section before keychain is mentioned and that’s when things fall apart.

richtben
Returning Member

I succeeded with the download.  A suggestion that I found here helped.   The answer is to ignore all choices except “Always Allow Access”.  Any other choice will lead you to a dead end. Enter your login password (the Keychain password is typically the same).  Select “Always Allow” and, in my case, the program performed as expected.  Answering the prompts completed the download.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies