Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Live Assist: How many returns can I do?

If I do the online Live Assist, how many returns can I do?  I need to do one for a family member and one for myself.   Thanks !

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Yes, you would need to pay for the second account/return.    Live Assist only covers the one account it was purchased for.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Using the TurboTax online editions, including Live, only one tax return can be completed and filed per account and User ID.

To start another tax return using the online editions you would need to create a new account with a new User ID.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

You can only do one return per account when you use the online version which is the only version that has live assist.  

If you use the desktop version you can file up to 5 accounts with one download.  

Do I have to pay for the second account/return or does one payment for Live Assist cover both accounts?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Yes, you would need to pay for the second account/return.    Live Assist only covers the one account it was purchased for.   

Not trying to hijack my own thread, but:

If I buy the Home/Business CD and when doing my returns if I need help,  is there a TT resource available?  Like Chat or ???  Trying to figure out the difference between Live Assist and Home/Business CD.  Thanks for your patience. 

JulieS
Expert Alumni

Yes, the main difference is that with Live Assist, you get a full review by a tax expert as well as expert assistance as you prepare your tax return. The price is for a single federal return and there are extra charges for state returns.

With TurboTax Desktop, you can submit up to five federal e-files for one license. States are extra. You can get help over the phone using TurboTax Support, but they won't review every aspect of your return. 

You can get all the details of both options, here. 

With all TurboTax products, you can get help through the Community forum. 

@genelawson566 wrote:

Do I have to pay for the second account/return or does one payment for Live Assist cover both accounts?

For the second account, if you use any of the TurboTax online editions, other than the Free edition, you will have to pay the TurboTax account fees for the online edition you will be using for the second account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies