turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rickhuber
Returning Member

License code

I bought TurboTax 2019 Business and 2019 Home and Business last week from a web site intuitax2020.com and paid with Paypal.  I received an email with a link to download both programs.  They downloaded and installed fine, but when I was trying to use them, I get an activation screen that asks for a license code.  There is no license code in the email with the download and I can't get in touch with intuitax2020 by phone or by email.  Is there anyway I can get the license code or otherwise activate the software?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

23 Replies

License code

You purchased the software from a website that sells pirated TurboTax software.  The website is not an authorized TurboTax re-seller.  The license code can only be used with software licensed by TurboTax.

Contact PayPal to see if you can get your purchase refunded.

Only use authorized TurboTax re-sellers such as Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Staples, etc.  Or use the TurboTax website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/

License code

that website is now inactive.....

Liam
Returning Member

License code

I have a similar problem. However, I bought TurboTax 2019 Premier directly from TurboTax. When I did enter the correct license code it told me the code was no longer valid and I must have entered it incorrectly. It was entered correctly on three or more occasion with the same result. Now, I can no longer find the web page with the record of my TurboTax purchase over the past several years. That record contained the License Code. I want to try again, but anytime I try, I wind up with the TurboTax Online web sight. This is not the web page I need. Can you or anyone else help?

License code

@Liam wrote:

I have a similar problem. However, I bought TurboTax 2019 Premier directly from TurboTax. When I did enter the correct license code it told me the code was no longer valid and I must have entered it incorrectly. It was entered correctly on three or more occasion with the same result. Now, I can no longer find the web page with the record of my TurboTax purchase over the past several years. That record contained the License Code. I want to try again, but anytime I try, I wind up with the TurboTax Online web sight. This is not the web page I need. Can you or anyone else help?

Sign onto your download account using the exact same User ID you used to purchase the software - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads/myaccounts?route=myaccounts&cgcview=downloads

If you continue to have problems with the license code, contact TurboTax support for assistance.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

License code

Hi. I purchase the H&B version from Amazon, received the code, but I receive an error 606 when I try to activate the software. How can I resolve this issue?

artxy
Returning Member

License code

Not sure if you are having the same issue as me but when I entered the license code to download the software from the web site, as I typed in each character of the code, the order kept getting messed up.

For example, if I typed in ABCDE, I would actually end up with BCAED or something else. The only way I got beyond this issue was to keep backspacing and edit the code as it was being messed up. Only then did the download succeed.

License code

is it normal to re-enter license code every time accessing TT?   i don't recall this in previous years

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

License code

You may need to uninstall and then reinstall TurboTax to stop this license code from prompting each time you access TurboTax. If you continue to have this issue please contact us.

Support is open Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
KL65
Level 2

License code

Same suspicions - etaxintuit.com.  I downloaded the executable and paid via paypal and they did send a license key which did activate and everything works and seems legit, but I'm wondering if all of my financial data is being sent to some hacker.  Thinking it's better I uninstall and get it from a reputable site.

License code

I purchased my Deluxe edition from Costco for $29.99, it provides a website to download from but  no download is available on that site.  I have looked and looked and logged in my last 2018 tax and it will renew with additional new and more expensive charge.  Trying to get help from TurboTax is impossible.  I have decided that Turbo Tax makes it very difficult for anyone to use an outside purchased edition at a lesser cost.  It's best for me to return the Costco purchase and buy a download direct from TurboTax.  It appears to be a bait and switch scheme for more money 

License code

why not call Costco first and see if they can clear this up for you? their customer service is quite good.

I see the offer on the Costco Website sold as "deluxe' for $29.99 BUT it specifically says state is not included.

on the TurboTax Website that same 'deluxe' edition is $69.99 but that DOES include state.  Additional states normally cost $39.99 so the pricing difference makes sense.  "Basic" sells for  $39.99 but does not include state. 

KL65
Level 2

License code

Why would I go to Costco?  I didn’t buy it from there.  I called Intuit.  They confirmed etaxintuit.com is not an authorized seller.  They also verified that the license code I was given has already been installed on 4 other PCs, I only installed it once on mine.  What Intuit told me is that these fake sites purchase a copy then resell it and the same license key to multiple people.  You can’t do that.  Since someone else already e-filed a state return with that key from a different state than mine, I am unable to e-file my state without paying $20.  I’m also not able to install on any other PC of mine since they key usage has been maxed out.  All things I should have been able to do with a purchase from an authorized dealer.  All the above I was told by Intuit customer service.  Will open PayPal case to get my money back.

License code

@KL65 - I was responding to @jackBquick who did purchase from Costco

RM333

License code

Turbotax software only includes up to 5 federal efiles.   State efiling is never included unless you are using the online edition.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies