turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ejhise12

It will not allow me to efile because it states the IRS hasn't finalized form 7202-s, which is for paid sick family leave, and that is not applicable to our situation.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

35 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

It will not allow me to efile because it states the IRS hasn't finalized form 7202-s, which is for paid sick family leave, and that is not applicable to our situation.

That's correct, Form 7202, Credits for Sick Leave and Family Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals (Taxpayer) is not available for e-fileTo delete form 7202-S:

• If you're using TurboTax Online software and need to delete a form, click here.
  • If you're using TurboTax CD\Download software and need to delete a form, click here

Note: The IRS has announced that they will begin accepting and processing 2020 individual tax returns on February 12, 2021.

Form 7202 is for eligible self-employed individuals are entitled to claim qualified sick and family leave equivalent credits.

To be an eligible self-employed person, both the following must be true.

1. You regularly carried on a trade or business within the meaning of section 1402.

2. You would have been: a. Eligible to receive qualified sick leave wages under the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act if you had been an employee of an employer (other than yourself), and/or b. Eligible to receive qualified family leave wages under the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act if you had been an employee of an employer (other than yourself).

Each eligible self-employed individual must file a separate Form 7202. If filing a joint tax return and both spouses are eligible self-employed individuals, each must attach a separate Form 7202 to the joint tax return. You must maintain appropriate documentation to show that you are an eligible self-employed individual.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When will it be available for e file? 

AlanT222
Expert Alumni

You will not be able to e-file your income tax return if you are claiming the credits for Sick Leave and Family Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals. 

According to the 2020 Instructions for Form 7202, Form 7202 must be attached to your tax return.  Since Form 7202 won't be supported in e-file, you'll need to print both Form 7202 and your entire 1040-series return and mail them to the IRS.

Then why does it say it will be available soon if it’s not going to be available at all?

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

The form will be available soon to complete and mail, but it will not be supported for efile. You can check the availability of the federal forms here

But It’s already available to complete by mail. So then wouldn’t it be better for it to let those trying to file know “available for mail in but not available for e-file”? So that those of us trying to finish taxes aren’t waiting. It has the option to be emailed when it’s ready as well but if it’s not going to be available to e-file that should be made clear. 

srapino

The TurboTax program will not let me print my return with the 7202 form.  When will I be able to print my tax return WITH the 7202 form?  I would like to put in in the mail today to be at the IRS when they open on 2/12/21

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

According to our list availability this form will be available on February 11, 2021. Please see this for more information: IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

bryan2424

I am self employed but do not have any sick leave to claim. Can I just delete the form and efile without it?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes. If you don't need form 7202-s you can delete it. For steps on how to delete a form please click the link below.

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

vonheist

I have talked to the reps and they said that it is not supported to be efiled 

Can we delete 7202, efile, then amend our returns after we get our refunds and get a 2nd refund for just that amount?

Why does every tax service but TurboTax offer the 7202 form for efiling?

Hello! Hope this helps anyone with 7202 issues that IS NOT self employed. In the top left of home page, find the tools and click. You can delete this form from your tax return so you can efile.

If you are self employed use TaxSlayer. The option is available to efile 7202 form. I started to file mine with taxslayer and they offered the option yes or no for self employed unlike TurboTax. So I went back to TurboTax and read that you can clear everything and start over. Which is true but not Necessary to clear all info and start over. 

Manage cookies