turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It will not allow me to efile because it states the IRS hasn't finalized form 7202-s, which is for paid sick family leave, and that is not applicable to our situation.

I don’t even know what this form is why is it on my return? Said I can’t efile with it? I don’t even need it don’t even know how it’s on there? I only got unemployment and w2 how do I delete on the ap? 

It will not allow me to efile because it states the IRS hasn't finalized form 7202-s, which is for paid sick family leave, and that is not applicable to our situation.

You cannot delete a form on the app.  To delete a form you have to be in a browser on your mobile device or on a computer.  When you delete a form, it will come right back if there is a mistake in the interview that is creating the form.

In TurboTax go to the Search and type paid family leave, then use the Jump to link.

On the next screen select No if you did not receive unemployment or paid family leave.  If you received unemployment only then answer Yes.

If you answered No for the question, TurboTax will delete the 7202-s.  

If you answered Yes, then continue to the next question and make sure that you only have a 1099-G for unemployment.  

Continue through the section and answer all questions, and then Review and  File the return.

I was able to bypass this by deleting form 7202 following these instructions.  The 7202 was not applicable to us either.  Hope this helps someone.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-view-and-delete-forms-in-turbotax-online/0...

Nobody knows why. Following my directions you can delete form 7202 on tools section

Good Morning, I have been trying to complete my returns and it says I am not eligible to E-File cause of the 7202. However I am not self employed. The only income i have reported is my w-2. How do I get around this?? Do I still have to mail in my return??

Top left hand of Home Screen. Select tools. This will let you delete Any specific forms

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You can delete the form by following the steps in the below TurboTax FAQ:
How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

@Aintwright2008

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm extremely annoyed as I have already paid TurboTax for 2020 filing - I was waiting for Form 8938 to be finalized today so I could finally e-file. ONLY to be told TODAY that I cannot e-file due to Form 7202.

This is outrageous, I am not going to re-do everything and pay twice to file via TaxSlayer. 

TurboTax, pull-up your socks and work out how to comply with IRS guidance on e-filing alternatives for Form 7202. If TaxSlayer can do it, I find it hard to believe you cannot work it out too. 

I note there is no response in relation to whether we can delete Form 7202 now and then submit an amended Tax Return to include Form 7202 at a later date, presumably this is an option....?!

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@Mandalee82

TurboTax has worked hard with the IRS to be able to e-file the 7202 form.  Since this will require programming adjustments for both the IRS and TurboTax, it will be a few weeks before these changes are made.  If you wish to file this form, you have the following options:

1. Mail in your return now and not wait until the form is available to e-file.
  2. E-file your return without the form, and then file an amended return with the form attached to it (amended returns now also can be e-filed for greater convenience).
  3. Wait until the form is available in TurboTax and e-file your entire return at once.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on how to do this.

Any idea when this form will be available for efile?

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax has worked hard with the IRS to be able to e-file this form.  Since this will require programming adjustments for both the IRS and TurboTax, it will be a few weeks before these changes are made.  If you wish to file this form, you have the following options:

1. Mail in your return now and not wait until the form is available to e-file.
  2. E-file your return without the form, and then file an amended return with the form attached to it (amended returns now also can be e-filed for greater convenience).
  3. Wait until the form is available in TurboTax and e-file your entire return at once.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on how to do this. 

It won't let me click the link

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nicole_Marie Are you referring to the  how you can Delete a form link? If so, try it again and if you still can't, try deleting your browser's cookies. Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ regarding  How to delete cookies! If that doesn't work try using a different browser all together. 

What is the estimate date for the online software to be updated to Efile form 7202 ??

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@carissaratliff Based on the forms availability list found here it seems as though form 7202 is now available.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies