turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gmjaffrey

Is TurboTax Deluxe able to download investing information from my financial institution?

2019 version
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Is TurboTax Deluxe able to download investing information from my financial institution?

If your investing income is limited to interest and dividends, then yes, you can use TurboTax Deluxe and download information from your financial institution.  If you have capital gains/losses and need to file Schedule D, you will need to use TurboTax Premier.  With Premier you will be able to download information for dividends, interest, and sales and purchases of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Where on the turbotax form do I set my computer so that I can automatically download all my investment financials from Welles Fargo? I was able to do it last year and can't find it this year.

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Please follow the instructions below to import your 1099-B:

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on the Search box on the top and type “1099-B”
  3. Answer "Yes" to  "Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2019?"
  4. Answer "Yes" to "Did or will you receive a 1099-B form or brokerage statement for these sales?"
  5. Enter your bank's information to import the 1099-B

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Onelane

I’m using the online version and I don’t see the prompt I used to see on the CD version to download financial data from my investment company

What Online version are you using?  You need Premier or Self Employed version to enter investments.

How to import your 1099

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-import-my-1099/00/26254

ggupta809

It was true for 2019 Turbotax. It appears Turbotax is forcing us to buy Premier version in 2020 for importing financial information and file Schedule D. I have not bought it yet though.

@ggupta809 wrote:

It was true for 2019 Turbotax. It appears Turbotax is forcing us to buy Premier version in 2020 for importing financial information and file Schedule D. I have not bought it yet though.

Look at the TurboTax page for the 2020 desktop editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

For all of the desktop editions -

Save time by importing financial data including W-2s, investment and mortgage information, plus import from Quicken and QuickBooks Desktop2 (account required)

@ggupta809 All versions of desktop--including desktop Deluxe--have ALL forms and schedules.  But if you use online software and need to prepare a Schedule D you will need Premier.  Financial institutions do not have 2020 data ready for import yet.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

No the Desktop program is still the same way.  All versions have all the same forms.  You should be able to download or enter 1099B, investments etc.  But the program is not ready to import anything yet.  There will be many updates to come.  Only back in 2014 did they try to make the Desktop program like Online version where you need a higher version.   What did you see that makes you think you can't import to Deluxe? 

You can even import to Basic.  See the 4th item in the chart under the versions.  They all have a dot for Save time by importing financial data including W-2s, investment and mortgage information, plus import from Quicken and QuickBooks Desktop2

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/ 

thosdl1

Last year I downloaded information from Ameritrade.  How do I do it this year?

@thosdl1 wrote:

Last year I downloaded information from Ameritrade.  How do I do it this year?

See this TurboTax support FAQ for importing a Form1099 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-import-my-1099/00/26254

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies