turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS saids we have to claim other 600.00 on tax return how do we do that in is the paper work ava. at this time???

i have done m y taxes with you for the last 2 years  i am told by the IRS  that i have to claim my 600.00 when i file my return  is that ava. as of yet///
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

IRS saids we have to claim other 600.00 on tax return how do we do that in is the paper work ava. at this time???

That will be available as soon as the 2020 tax returns are able to be accepted for e-filing.  Although a specific date has not yet been given, the last several years e-filing began at the end of January, and this year will likely not be different.  Anyone who does not receive the stimulus payment automatically and otherwise qualifies will be able to claim it as part of their 2020 refund when they file their tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DJS
Alumni
Alumni

As part of the tax filing process, TurboTax sends the appropriate banking information to the IRS to deliver stimulus payments directly to customer bank accounts. The IRS will issue payments using the most recent information they have on file, likely from your 2019 tax return, either by direct deposit or by check.

• If the IRS does not have direct deposit information on file for you, they will mail a check using the most recent address on your 2019 tax return.
  • If you receive Social Security or Veterans benefits, your payment will be automatically included.
  • If you received your refund on a Turbo Card, this stimulus payment may also go to the same account.

If you did not receive a stimulus, you will need to contact the IRS for next steps. Please know that the IRS will make updates to the Get My Payment portal to provide updated information for taxpayers, you will be able to see updates about your payment there.

For more information, visit this IRS news release.

Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.
**If this post is helpful please click on "thumbs up"**

look at the 'federal review' section Turbo Tax where it asks about what stimulus payments you have received.

Then, your credit will be displayed on Line 30 of Form 1040, which will increase your refund (or reduce what you owe) 

The entry for line 30 now seems to contain both payments.  My program was updated this morning. 

@Opus 17 - please confirm whether that is online or desktop. I have desktop and can confirm it is working...other posts note that online is not operational currently. 

As of 1108 EST the online editions have not been updated.

Desktop.

well, at least TT is making progress! 

FYI - I updated my Desktop program.  I haven't entered all my income yet so I expected to see the full amount.  I only got some for the first Stimulus.  BUT it didn't give me any.  YOU HAVE TO ENTER A 0 ZERO IF YOU DIDN'T GET ONE.  You can't leave it blank.  I went back and put 0 for the second one and then it gave me the full amount qualified for both.   

And those 2 questions on the worksheet lines 3 & 4 about military and ssn are kind of confusing. 

@VolvoGirl - did you get an error of any sort for leaving it blank? I would hope so which will force everyone who has been filling out their tax form to be required to go back and fix the EIP section.

can we try and force the form to ask about child support on the 1st payment - that is the way the IRS form is created in the IRS instructions but TT wasn't asking about it originally and that can lead to problems. 

I didn't get an error and don't know if it would.  I had switched to Forms to see line 30 and there was nothing on it so I opened the Recovery Worksheet and the second one was pink/red for needing to be filled in.  So I went back to the questions and entered an actual zero.  Then it said Congratulations with the Total in green. 

so if was pink / red that is an error so that is good 

@NCperson wrote:

@VolvoGirl - did you get an error of any sort for leaving it blank? I would hope so which will force everyone who has been filling out their tax form to be required to go back and fix the EIP section.

In forms mode, the fields are yellow, which generally means they are mandatory.  I can't take the time to carry a fake return all the way to the final federal review to do an error check. 

On the EIP screen it only asks for the payment amount.  At the blue link for "Where can I find my payment amount" it advises to check your 1444 statement, check your bank account, or check the IRS web site.  It does not mention garnishments. 

I think not asking about garnishments for Stim #1 is a problem - it asked for the EXACT amount received and doesn't make mention of adjusting if there was a garnishment; I beleive that will cause TT to give you back all the money that was garnished.  

how does that feedback get to the Lounge or an Administrator?

@VolvoGirl @Critter-3 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies