turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Import data from Quicken 2020 into TT2020

TurboTax 2020 version [phone number removed] won't import data from quicken 2020 version R30.14 Build 27.1.30.14.

I just get the error message: "Please be sure that Quicken  is running and a valid Quicken data file has been selected before trying to use Quicken import."

I validated the Quicken file and there are no errors.  I have rebooted, restarted Quicken and TurboTax to no avail.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

Same problem here. Same message. FRUSTRATING!!!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here to import your Quicken data into Turbo Tax. 

If you need assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just got off the phone with TT support. Importing from Quicken doesn't work. Workaround as follows:

In Quicken, file, export, select either of 2 TT options. This will create a .TXF file. Then in TT file, import from accounting software, choose TXF file option. This appears to work with option to select/deselect from the list.

This does not work either.  When I export it does not specifically give me a option for txf file, and when I click to export it creates a txf file that has literally only 16KB of data in it.  We need Quicken or TT to jump in here, this happened to me the last two years as well.  It's why I go through all the work of entering and categorizing every expense in my family, then comes tax time, this previous great asset to me does not function, which again, is a waste of countless hours of precious time I could have spent with my family.  Please advise. 

If TT knows Quicken doesn't work, why does it advertise this.  People who know their history remember turbotax was created from Quicken.  If it won't work with quicken anymore, the who original objective of this software is moot for those of us who have been promoting customers of these products since their creation. 

Nope, I appreciate the effort but this doesn't work.  I just got off the phone with Quicken who walked me through everything they could think of and swear the problem is not on their end (or mind). Problem is getting in touch with tech support at TT.  Quicken picks up the phone right away and worked with me for over 45 mins trying to get this to work.  The entire reason I use both programs is because they were created together for this purpose.  I spent countless hours entering data & categorizing through the year, now finding it was for naught.... but I'll try to get ahold of a human at TT, since clearly this issue is standard

The solution I posted on 2/14/21 worked for me at that time. Perhaps something changed since then. The number I saved for Turbo Tax support is  [phone number removed]. 

(8-0-0) 6-2-4-9-0-6-6

Thanks!   The lady who tried to help me today was from Quicken.  She was aware of the problem.

Over at

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867729/is-it-still-possible-to-import-from-quicken-into-tu...

they answered that you should NOT open Quicken on your own, but let TurboTax open Quicken directly. That appears to have worked for me!

Thanks for the suggestion.  But this does not work either.   I am using Quicken version R32.12  Windows 10 Home.  Home, Business & Rental Property.   When I have it running TT shows an error box "Be sure that quicken is running and a valid Q data file has been selected before importing"

I insured that, and it still brings up the same error message.  Of course when I don't have Q running, it gives the same error.    Countless hours of data entry go to waste when the systems don't sync.  This is why I have been using both systems since they were created (originally by the same company).

Please advise

Jack

Sorry that this didn't work for you. I don't understand all the variables of this bug.

I'm running Quicken Premier, Version R32.12, Windows 10 Home.

I NEED HELP!! I have rental property and use the Quicken Rental Property Manager. When I import my data it will not recognize my two properties that are properly tagged in Quicken. It only recognizes one. And tries to put the data for both into one Schedule. I imported last year without issue. And I have not changed the way I organize my data. I dont understand why it want recongnize their are two Schedule E's, each with their respective data and are properly tagged in Quicken. PLease help if you can. Otherwise, all my other personal data imports without issue.  I tried to post a new topic but I do not now where to do that. 

jimkarl

jstanley i have the exact same issue/error. did you get any resolution?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an older thread that may contain outdated information. So that we can better assist you, can you please post specific details about the issue you are experiencing?

@jimkarl

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies