The TurboTax for Windows personal software can import data directly from Quicken of the same year, plus the prior and following year.
This means that the 2021 TurboTax for Windows can directly import from Quicken 2021, Quicken 2020, and Quicken 2022.
Although data from Quicken versions outside the 3-year window cannot be directly imported, you can still import from the Quicken .txf file.
Before you begin:
- If using the direct-import method, the supported Quicken version should be installed on the same computer as TurboTax
- If this isn't possible, or if your Quicken version is outside the 3-year support window, you can always import from the Quicken .txf file
- Your Quicken data file should be on your local drive—not networked
- Make sure Quicken is up-to-date with the tax-year info you wish to import
- Assign tax forms and lines to your Quicken data. More help
- During the import, make sure Quicken is running and that your Quicken file remains open
- With your tax return open in TurboTax, select Import, then From Accounting Software from the File menu
- If you're importing from both Quicken and QuickBooks, import from QuickBooks first
- Select Quicken, then Continue, and follow the onscreen instructions
- Finally, if for whatever reason you're unable to import using this method, you can always import from the Quicken .txf file