Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

hl
Level 2

Illinois Tax Return glitch

Thanks for your response.  I received another email  from TT at 3:53 pm Central time, advising "the workaround is causing problems for some customers. Please be patient and we will email out additional information by the end of the week."  I think I will wait; I was hoping TT would address this problem through an Update.

I think I will wait as well.  I don't want to accidentally trash my program.

TurboTax needs to get on their game with this one!

This situation and their handling of it has left a bad taste in my mouth--I'm certainly going to consider another program next year.

I recommend staying away from this "fix".  Not fully tested in my opinion and makes things worse.  Can't find w_ind_illinois and get errors now on my return.   Can some please take ownership of the issue and ensure a proper fix or update is supplied?  

Just wish to correct my prior note: Was searching for w_illinois_ind as indicated in the instructions.  Regardless, nothing of that sort came up. 

Does not find w_illinois_ind on my computer either

Hello All:

I live in IL and I had the same problem viewing and printing my State forms.  I tried deleting the files but that didn't work.  What DID work was uninstalling the software altogether.   Your files will not be deleted as long as you save them to your desktop.  I had already prepared 5 returns for my family so I was extremely stressed about uninstalling the software.  But I am here to tell you it works.  If you've already paid for it, just download it again from your account - including any other State product that you may have had to purchase and - voila - you're on your way.   I'm printing while I'm typing this message.

I really hope this helps.  I believe this is more frustrating than seeing that ridiculous DO NOT FILE watermark on our IL forms for the last few years.

Happy filing everyone.

Lisa 

Thanks, I tried this, still no luck

hl
Level 2

I just received the latest response from TT regarding how to fix my problem: not being able to print or download my Illinois state tax return.  Basically it tells be to uninstall Turbo Tax and reinstall it.  The last paragraph reads "That's it! When you're ready to do your state return, we'll walk you through the state download and installation."  What does this mean?  I'm not having a problem printing my federal return; I'm only having a problem printing the state return.  And what do I have to do to have them walk me through the state download and installation?  Not being a computer whiz, I'm even more confused by TT's latest missive.  Any help from the Community will be greatly appreciated!

hl
Level 2

Update to prior post - Turbo Tax Support's 2/14/2019 10:01 AM email with solution for solving Illinois tax return printing glitch worked like a charm and much easier to do than email suggested.  Nice Valentine Day gift!

Hello HL:

I did exactly that, uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it worked for me. And yes, the federal prints fine because that’s the only set of forms that even appears in the box to print. But after I reinstalled the software, I was able to see and print my State forms.

I saved my files to my computer as I worked on them and so even tho you uninstall the software, your files will still be there when you reinstall the program.

I hope DLOGS gives it another try. Just make sure you uninstall the software. Pressing delete won’t do the trick. It has to be uninstalled.

I’ll check back on you all later.

Take care,

Lisa T.

Whoopsies- I responded a bit to late. I’m glad you were able to get it to work!

Take care.
hl
Level 2

Thanks, Lisa T - perhaps you were the person who gave TT the idea of how to fix the Illinois Tax Glitch!!

I think the difference is I did not purchase online. I have a disk, so it is just re-installing the same thing. So the "glitch" is still there

dlogs:

Okay that makes sense. But I’m just wondering even if you purchased the CD, whether you can download now from the website if you provide proof of purchase?

I can’t believe they haven’t given an answer yet.

I’m getting frustrated for you. 🧐

Latest fix NOT working for me.   I'm now being prompted to purchase my "free" Illinois download for $39.99.    More fun...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies