Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Illinois Tax Return glitch

So what do those of us who bought using a CD do?!?!?!?!

How about Intuit comes up with a real fix for this problem. Make a patch that can be downloaded or give us a free download so we can file our taxes

ok.  I tried it and the latest suggestion from you guys doesn't work for those of us who have the CD install.  I uninstalled and used the CD to reinstall.

Now what????  I am getting very frustrated!!!

Agree.  I'm at a standstill!

CheriS
Intuit Alumni

Please keep in mind that this is just a temporary workaround. They are still working on a solution. For those of you who have not signed up for updates, please do. Thank you for your patience.

JMK
Level 2

No this is NOT a workaround because it doesn't work!

I followed the uninstall/reinstall procedure and I'm also being prompted to pay $39.99 for my state program.

Wasted my time, yes. Workaround? No.

I want a refund of the purchase price of this software which is holding my state tax refund hostage. When may expect the check from Intuit?

Was getting frustrated with the Turbo Tax recommended "fixes" not working.   Found this in  Support and it worked for me.  

Use at your own risk.  I figured I could always put back the files or reinstall if things went off the rails.

Turbo Tax:  What is your organization going to do to repair customer relations?  My refund along with many others has been held hostage by this bug that is yet to be officially resolved.   

If you are comfortable with deleting files, you can try this:

Delete the three files   ilif01.1pe, ilif02.1pe and il_ind_schsa.pdf  all dated 12/10/18.

location was C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Premier 2018\Forms\ili_18 for the first two files, 

….and C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Premier 2018\Forms\ili_18\fpspdfs for the pdf. 

This worked for several other users.

(the "Premier 2018" subdirectory will be Deluxe or Home & Business if your version is one of the other ones)

Deluxe CD User - the workaround did not work for me either...

hl
Level 2

Guess I'm lucky.  I purchased a CD for Windows, Premier 2018 edition at Office Depot on 12/2/2018 and installed it that same day.  Today, following TurboTax Support's 2/14/2019 10:01 AM (Central Time Zone) email -- to the letter, I uninstalled my CD and reinstalled it, and I can print my Illinois tax return.   

Complete reinstall failed for me.     However, deleting 3 files as Vollpreuss suggested, DID work finally!      

I'm using Deluxe (CD Version) and deleting the 3 files as described by Vollpreuss approximately 4 hours ago worked for me as well.  I can now print the IL forms.

JMK
Level 2

Same here, The Vollpreuss suggestion worked for me.

Status update:

1. Original product: FAIL
  2. First official TT workaround: FAIL
  3. Second official TT workaround 2: FAIL
  4. Vollpreuss workaround: SUCCESS

Intuit, if you need to hire any software developers or testers I can recommend someone.

It worked!!!  Vollpreuss, you're the best.  Too bad TT support couldn't figure it out.  Perhaps they should pay you!

Regards!

I appreciate the accolades but I can't take full credit for this.  I did not develop the fix.   I managed to find it after a bit of searching in Support, successfully tried it, and reported the results to a very frustrated group of users in the same boat.    

Dave_Dake

I have the same issue and same error for the email notification. I spent 5 minutes on the phone with support and they advised me the forms are there (installed) but not released by the state of Illinois. The tentative availability date they have is March 1st. 2019 for Illinois. I commented that's about par for Illinois. The support rep mentioned there are actually several states this year who are in this same category which is unusual for them. My taxes are filed and accepted, I just need to print a copy the record.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies