Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I've got this message says transmission didnt go through. Could you tell me why?

Your transmission didn't go through
We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. To ensure you have the latest version of TurboTax, wait 24 hours to update your program automatically. If you still can't transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround. In some cases, you may need to file your return by mail. - 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be between 10 and 10 digits.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

I've got this message says transmission didnt go through. Could you tell me why?

That error indicates there is an issue with your telephone number. The program is detecting that the number is either invalid or not a U.S. domestic phone number. Please see Error message 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Contains invalid digits for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

thanks for the answer.
i do not carry US phone number anymore since I'm using skype or SNS phone, but also I have Japanese phone number. is there anyway to add japanese phone number or maybe email?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If you want to get a verification code to file by email see this:  What if I'm having trouble with my filing verification code?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I couldnt find any email verification. they kept asking me phone number. but i solved problem
thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies