I need my ip pin

I need my ip pin

You have to get that from the IRS.

How do I get my 6-digit IP PIN?

Most taxpayers don't need an an IP PIN — the IRS only issues them in select cases.

If you know you need an IP PIN to file your taxes and you lost your CP01A letter (or never received it), you can:

• Retrieve your IP PIN online at the IRS's Get an IP PIN site; or
  • Call the IRS at 1-800-908-4490 to have your IP PIN mailed to you (this can take up to 21 days)

TurboTax is unable to issue IP PINs and you won't find them on your tax paperwork. You can only get IP PINs from the IRS.

I need my ip pin

@Kin39  If you need an IP PIN (Identity Protection PIN), you must get that from the IRS.  See my post above on how to get your IP PIN.

If you don't need an IP PIN but instead need your 2018 AGI to e-file your 2019 return, you would get that from your 2018 tax return.

How do I find last year’s AGI?

The IRS requires your 2018 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

There are a few places you can get your 2018 AGI:

• If you filed your 2018 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  • If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2018, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.
  • If you're having trouble locating your 2018 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2018 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

If you didn't file a 2018 federal tax return (or you haven't filed one yet), enter 0 as your AGI.

Married Filing Separately in 2018 but filing jointly in 2019?

Filed jointly in 2018 but are Married Filing Separately in 2019?

You won't find your AGI on your W-2 or 1099 form because those forms don't take into account over a dozen above-the-line deductions that go into calculating your AGI.

I need my ip pin

You have to get that from the IRS.

How do I get my 6-digit IP PIN?

I need my ip pin

I need the pin number for my card

I need my ip pin

I need a pin please I need my money 

I need my ip pin

How do I find last year’s AGI?

I need my ip pin

IRS gave me 6 digit IP PIN number for e-file.

Your Turbotax is asking only 5 digits and I can't enter my 6 digits.

Can you help??

I need my ip pin

Those are 2 different numbers @ychang227.   The 6 digit number is an Identity Protection Pin and it must be entered in the IP PIN field, see below.   The 5 digit number is a number you chose last year when e-filing.  It (or your 2018) is needed to e-file.   This link explains the difference. 

To add your IP Pin (identity protection) - - 

1. Open your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for IP PIN (don't forget the space) and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. On the Identity Protection PIN screen, answer Yes and enter your IP PIN in the space provided.
    • If you need to remove the IP PIN, answer No instead.
  4. Select Continue.