turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zipptripp

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I’m not receiving my email for my 6 digit code

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

61 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

It can take up to 15 minutes for the code to be emailed to you, and check your junk email folders too. Please don’t try to get a new code too soon as it will invalidate the old code and you’ll end up waiting longer. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information if you are having trouble with your verification code https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/what-if-i-m-having-trouble-with-my-filing-verificati...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have been following all instructions which  4 different associates gave it to me , I mean it was all same guidelines,  I am still not able to receive code number. They cannot figure it out why I am not able to receive verification code number. Last associate told me I need to wait 15 minutes to receive the code number. So  I am waiting my email hopefully, it goes through and I can efile my taxes. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please wait 15 minutes, and do not request another one code. Check your spam folder also. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/what-if-i-m-having-trouble-with-my-filing-verificati...

I have entered all information to file taxes on turbotax,,,i am at the point where I need to enter a 6 digit code to file state & fed.  I am not receiving this 6 digit code in my email.  verified my email and its correct,,,,started this yesterday,,,still not receiving the 6 digit code.   My email is working fine,,,receiving other emails fine.

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

If you are still having trouble getting your code via email try having it sent as a text your phone.  Here are the steps.  

I want my refund to be deposited on a trouble card Visa debit card but I cannot get the 6-digit code to finish my refund what is going on

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

If the 6-digit code is being emailed to you, are you checking your spam/junk folder also? Please respond back so that we can try to help.

I cant finish my taxs because I am not get my 6 digit code to verify my email

WKins2
Expert Alumni

If you click the following link TurboTax FAQ has some good suggestions on how to get your code if you are having problems getting it now: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/what-if-i-m-having-trouble-with-my-filing-verificati...

GloTar43

It's been over 15 minutes and I have not received a verification code in my email. I've checked the trash and spam messages as well. 

ryanazem
Returning Member

I'm also no receiving my filing code to my email. Funnily enough, when I signed into the app to try it out there it emailed me a code to sign in right away.

This is definitely on TurboTax/Intuit's end. Not my email.

EDIT: Looks like TurboTax gets hung up on that code verification screen if you're using Google Chrome. Switching to the latest version of Microsoft Edge did it for me.

MLee10

I waited almost an hour and couldn't get a 6 digit code to file taxes either.  E-mail is working fine, as I got the TurboTax order confirmation + test e-mail sent by tech support after I called in for help.  

What a huge waste of time.

OhYeahItsJosh
Returning Member

Same.  This is happening to me as well.

I just guided a customer using the instructions in the link and it worked perfectly! 

Manage cookies