turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I lived and worked in the vi as independent contractor doing house cleaning also in a resturant serving and bartending but she says its a 1040 whitch i do not understand

i got paid cash for house keeping I worked as a server and bartender and recieved a 1040 I did landscaping and that was a 1099 i belive how will all this effect my return and how do i file it
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

I lived and worked in the vi as independent contractor doing house cleaning also in a resturant serving and bartending but she says its a 1040 whitch i do not understand

It appears you have income for a job as an employee as well as two self-employment businesses.  You can start for free and the program will ask you to upgrade as you progress. 

All of these income streams will be entered in the "Income & Expenses" tab to create the proper tax forms automatically for filing.

You will enter the server/bartender income from the Form W2 you received using the "Job (W2)" topic.  Enter the information exactly from the form your received.

Next you will enter one of your self-employment businesses.  Scroll down to the "Self-employment" topic and add a business.

Landscaping can be first since you have a Form 1099-NEC for that income.  In the the income section you will select the Form 1099-NEC category and enter the form information exactly from your form.

Then you can enter the other business, Housekeeping.  When entering the income you will select the "Cash" category to enter the income as "Cash".

Continue through the rest of the interview answering questions and entering any requested data.  

Ultimately you will be able to e-file your return using the TurboTax program.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I can't get into old account I keep trying to recover my old account but have been denied several times due to my ID it is expired and other is from USVI I seriously need my AGI and PIN from my account [email removed][phone number removed] I no longer have either ! of those I have a new email [email address removed] and new phone # [phone number removed] please help I can also be reached at [phone number removed]

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@courtwalsh313 If you are having issues using this account recovery tool, please contact customer support by phone; contact details can be found here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies