turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I remove the school district off of here?

ASAP
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LaurenB

To delete/remove the school district forms from your state tax return please follow the steps below.

1)    Sign into TurboTax Online.

2)    Continue your return by click Taxes > Tax Timeline > Take me to my return.

3)    Click on My Account > Tools > Delete a Form.

4)     Scroll down to your state forms and look for the school district form you need to remove and click Delete

5)     Follow onscreen instructions to complete remove the form(s). 

Hope This Helps!!

View solution in original post

15 Replies
LaurenB

To delete/remove the school district forms from your state tax return please follow the steps below.

2)    Continue your return by click Taxes > Tax Timeline > Take me to my return.

3)    Click on My Account > Tools > Delete a Form.

4)     Scroll down to your state forms and look for the school district form you need to remove and click Delete

Hope This Helps!!
padams22

I have tried this and I CANNOT remove "Untitled" no matter what I do.  I go to forms and delete, it puts it right back on,  Then when I go to "Review" it says "You must enter a SD number".  There is a 2nd SD form on it that is correct, but for some stubborn reason it insists on putting an "Untitled" form back on and flagging it as error under review.  Software bug???  I even go to "Forms" and manually check "Suppress" for the untitled and "Include" for the correct one but as soon as I leave the screen it changes everything right back.  Ugghhh!!! Frustrating!!!
garyr_7

I agree, the same thing is still happening, as it is still not deleting the form
tlanzer

Same thing happened to me.  I finally found a way on my own.  For TT 2017, I opened the form in form mode, then on the top Forms menu, there is a Delete Form option.

What seems to have worked for me:  put in any taxable school district code (look it up via your state website or the link provided in turbotax).   Enter ANY accepted code.  Then in the next screen chose to NOT submit the school tax form.  This allowed me to continue without prompts to correct it.  

Wow, I'm doing 2020 taxes, and it is still doing this. They didn't fix it! There is no "Tools" with an option to look at your forms and delete them! I have to not file my Ohio form to file my Federal because of this. I've spent the past 45 minutes trying to figure it out, or find a way to delete it so I can move on, and nothing is working. I've gone through the verification 3 or 4 times trying to find some path to delete the damned thing so it doesn't come up as an error. I have to pay to upgrade to ask a person, so hey. I write down the numbers I put in as I go, so I think I will just file paper and skip the $210 this year. This is ridiculous. I can't even get the CAPTCHA to work to file just the federal taxes. I used to do paper every year when taxes were a lot harder.  Sometimes I think that TURBO TAX is more of a headache than a help. I was willing to pay to get it done in a day, but if the website doesn't work, there's nothing I can do about that. 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

You posted on a thread that is quite old. What form are you trying to delete?

If you are experiencing what is called a missing "CAPTCHA" issue which is preventing you from seeing the " I am not a robot" box.

Use this TurboTax FAQ for Transmission issues and tips to fix them.

@elderberryjam

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I added taxable school district income in school districts that do not tax, and city tax income in cities where I do not have to file a return. I worked for three employers in three different locations last year. Before you give me advice on how to look up whether a school district requires taxes, or a city form has to be filled out, understand that I added them. Then I was unable to remove them, and was unable to complete my income taxes with Turbo Tax without deleting the entire Ohio form. 

After deleting the Ohio form, I had a similar issue when completing my Federal Income Tax form. Somehow TurboTax or I added both my husband's name and his family's farm name under businesses for Schedule C. I was unable to remove one of them also. There is no delete button. You can't put in a zero and refresh. 

I ended up spending over an hour trying to fix this, and giving up, and filing my taxes another way. I'm not going to pay an extra $60 for someone to tell me how to use a website that is supposed to be easy to use, and self-explanatory. Both of my sons have worked as website developers, and both feel that TurboTax uses issues such as this to upsell product. 

If the CAPTCHA not working is a common problem, the explanation of what to do should load onto the page. 

Get better website developers. 

2)    Continue your return by click Taxes > Tax Timeline > Take me to my return.

3)    Click on My Account > Tools Delete a Form.

4)     Scroll down to your state forms and look for the school district form you need to remove and click Delete

@elderberryjam

Answer from this thread.

With all due respect, I read the original instructions. They do not work. 

bstph5

I had the same issue, if you delete the extra SD 100 form it just immediately adds it back. What I finally figured out is that on the form you don't want, underneath your personal information, and above the school district number, there is a box you can check that says "Supress this copy of Form SD 100". I was finally able to e-file my Ohio after clicking this.

Jkjk447

This is [removed] from signing me out to making it impossible to remove I'm [removed]

Jkjk447

You're lying! It doesn't work. About to delete my return and go somewhere else

This is a really bad flaw. It literally shows me the school districts, but the one that I'm actually in is unclickable! This is ridiculous... 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies