Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

brilliantusa
Returning Member

I got an error code 603 when I install TurboTax 2020 on my 4th computer.

I got an error code 603 message:

"All available activations for that code have been used. Error code: 603"

when I was installing TurboTax 2020 Business on my 4th computer.  I purchase the software from Costco.  please help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

23 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Error code 603 occurs when the product has reached its max activation limit. However, if you are trying to install TurboTax on multiple computers, it's the same as installing it on one computer. For more information, please see the FAQ provided below:

How do I install the same copy of TurboTax on multiple computers?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I don't understand why I got the error code of 603 too and then it says I've used my code on my limit of 5 computers when I haven't.....I've only put it on 2....

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

You can download your software directly from TurboTax. However, if this does not resolve your issue, please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support.

1. Go to InstallTurboTax.com.

2. Set up a TurboTax account if you don't already have one. If you do, sign in. (If you don’t remember your credentials, you can walk through our Account Recovery page to see if you already have an account.)

3. Enter your license code in the pop up window.

• It’s a 16-character combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) that can be found on your CD box insert, envelope, or packing slip. (Note: The 2019 product has a 14-character code that looks like this: XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX)

4. Select your operating system, and select Get Download.

5. Download your software and install.

• When you get to the Your product is installed, now let's activate it screen, enter your license code in the License code box, and select Continue to complete installation.

Please click I bought the CD, but my computer doesn't have a CD drive to learn more. 

what do i do next with an error 603 after 3 computer activation

what is the solution?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

As stated above by TiffanyL: Error code 603 occurs when the product has reached its max activation limit. However, if you are trying to install TurboTax on multiple computers, it's the same as installing it on one computer. For more information, please see the FAQ provided below:

How do I install the same copy of TurboTax on multiple computers?

Since you continue to experience the same problem, even after following the troubleshooting steps, please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support for further assistance.

Just John

help me log on please

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Please see this link for instructions on how to access your account. 

I had installed the 2020 TT Deluxe edition that I had bought from Target, on only one computer - my desktop. After having some issues with my desktop, when I was trying to install and activate from my laptop, I got the error code.  After waiting for over 30 minutes for an Intuit CS to come online, and talking to her for over 20 minutes, all I got was an email from them showing an activation count of 5. There was no other proof regarding those 5 activations, such as the IP addresses from where those Activations came. Now I am forced to buy another license, paying 50+ dollars. I feel this is a highly unfair treatment of a loyal Intuit customer, such as myself., who has been using TT for many years I hope, Intuit management takes some action to address this to retain their user base.  Thanks.

ltfn
Level 1

I got the exact same issue. Got it fixed. Software developer at TT can debug it since it is repeatable.

Background: 

Spent 4 hours with 5 different TT technical support but no prevail. I flowed the steps that were provided here (remove antivirus, stop firewall, etc.. ) Still asking me for the Licence code and give me error 603. I was going to buy another copy as I had the same issue last year 2019.

Solution: 

Remove my saved 2020Tax file from the USB drive and start TT app first then insert the USB with 2020 tax file  and it will not ask for License number.

Issue:

The TT app starts up looking to load a 2020 tax files and

If found in PC drive proceed;

Else found in external drive (USB stick, external HD) verify License

- Search their server found it already has max licence active printf("All available activation for that code have been used. Error "errID";

This makes no sense.

I got an error code 603 (2020 Business) when I tried to open last years return, but I have not installed it on any other computer. It is activeate don this computer, and I just used it about a month ago to check on some info in the return. Whatever Intuit needs for me to prove ownership I will be only to glad to provide. Also, I am the only person who uses this computer, (it's my business records computer) so what gives?

suk
Level 1

My labtop's hard disk died so I need to reinstall turbot tax 2020 on the new hard disk.

And, I am getting this error code 603 upon activation.

I have tried installing at a different computer and getting the same problem.

What's the cause?

Already tried the ipconfig steps (described at below link) with no help.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/turbotax-2019-requests-license-activation-at-every...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just opened up TT 2020 on my computer (the 3rd install only), got the error code 603, won't accept the license code.   This has worked all of last year on this same computer, suddenly it won't accept the code today.   I have spent an unbelievable amount of time on the phone with a support rep.   She has told me to contact Costco instead of her, told me I needed to buy the software again, etc. etc.   Terrible customer support!!!  She is texting with someone else who is guiding her, but really long pauses and answers don't make any sense.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies