Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I entered data into Itsdeductible 0n 2/9/21 for 2021. When I log back in, its gone as well as data I entered for 2019. What's up?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

I entered data into Itsdeductible 0n 2/9/21 for 2021. When I log back in, its gone as well as data I entered for 2019. What's up?

You may have to log out of the program, clear your cache and cookies, and log back in. Please see the TurboTax FAQ here for instructions on clearing your cache. See here for instructions on clearing your cookies. You may also try using another browser or using the phone app here if the above does not work. If none of these resolve the issue, contact customer support here for further assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Be sure you don't have multiple accounts and signed into the wrong one.   Many people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it.   First cleanup your browser as TurboTax EbonyL122824 mentioned above.   Then here's how to look for multiple accounts and gain access:

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first if you can still access it.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number you can still access and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

Thanks for the help, but none of that helped me find any data. I've used ItsDeductible for many years without any problems. None of the proposed solutions helped me at all. So, I just re-entered my data for 2021. Fortunately, I had already imported my entries for 2020. So, I've just lost all of my historical data.

@ tri3tsch wrote:

Thanks for the help, but none of that helped me find any data. I've used ItsDeductible for many years without any problems. None of the proposed solutions helped me at all. So, I just re-entered my data for 2021. Fortunately, I had already imported my entries for 2020. So, I've just lost all of my historical data.

If there was nothing in your ItsDeductible account from tax years 2019-2021 that you had previously entered, it sounds like it wasn't the right account.  At least that would be the top of the list for a reason.

If you were unable to find another account after going through the detailed steps in my answer above, here's how to speak to TurboTax Support during business hours, and they may be able to look it up another way, or may have another suggestion.   If there's some glitch, they need to know about it anyway.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

ADDENDUM:   Also see my next comment below which follows this one.

@ tri3tsch 

By the way, I see you are using 2 different profile names in this forum, although they are similar.    Your last comment is using a different profile name than the one that you used to ask the original question.  So it looks like you have 2 forum profiles.    Have you signed into this user forum 2 different ways; i.e., using 2 different User IDs (2 Intuit Accounts?)     Or did you simply just change your forum name?   Usually when one changes their forum profile name, however, it changes all the names on their previous postings, too, and your original profile name is persisting.  So it makes me think you are signing in with 2 different accounts if you have 2 simultaneous forum profiles.

And are you using this link to go to ItsDeductible?

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/itsdeductible

In any case, I left you steps to reach Customer Support in a previous comment, and I'm also going to ask a fellow user if he has any additional suggestion.

@ SteamTrain   When you are next around, do you have any additional suggestion as to why this user isn't finding their ItsDeductible data for 2019-2021?   I had them look for another account, but they say it wasn't successful.  Thanks!

Just one possible thing.

IF you are using a system on your computer that autofills in the UserID and Pwd, but doesn't show the full UserID being used, then it is possible they have a duplicate account.  I had trouble with a login one year on a different program, for just the UserID that didn't work because the UserID autofilled and didn't show the full entry......like Budd***** , and I didn't know the stuff under ***** was incorrect.  It worked when I retyped the full entry.  One could have two fully-operational logins and not realize they are slightly different.

Other??   Try a different browser?  That shouldn't make a difference, but grasping at straws

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies