Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

indevtu

I downloaded TurboTax for Mac from Amazon. Now I need to use Windows. The TurboTax CD/Downloads page would not accept my Activation key. How can I get the PC version?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I downloaded TurboTax for Mac from Amazon. Now I need to use Windows. The TurboTax CD/Downloads page would not accept my Activation key. How can I get the PC version?

I think you have to ask for the other download.

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time
7 days a week
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Thanks for the suggestion.  I contacted the phone support (twice, two different representatives) and they expected that form to work, but generally did not seem very knowledgeable.  The second one had me re-boot and then the call dropped and they closed the case without my consent.  I wonder if its because it's an "Amazon Exclusive" version.   I tried from Chrome on Mac and Windows and Edge on Mac. 

Any other suggestions would be welcome.   Is there a second tier support I could try?

See if you can get it this way:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Try the steps in the following link first to see if helps you troubleshoot the issue.

Troubleshooting steps for downloading software

If that does not help, I would recommend contacting us again.  

Let the agent know what happened and request a code.  They should be able to escalate the request to a lead for support.

Contact TurboTax

@maple1202

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That was the trick.  I escalated to the next support tier and they sold me a new copy of the software for $0.00 which I was then able to download.  thanks.

other tips from links above like changing cookie settings and popup settings didn't help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies