turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can’t seem to log in to Edward Jones to import information through the app or website. Any ideas or workarounds, other than hunting down a paper copy and typing it all in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

29 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

I can’t seem to log in to Edward Jones to import information through the app or website. Any ideas or workarounds, other than hunting down a paper copy and typing it all in?

Edward Jones is one of TurboTax's Import Partners, so you should definitely have the ability to import your information.  First, make sure you are following the correct steps listed in this TurboTax FAQ:  How do I import my 1099? - Community - TurboTax.

If you are following those steps and continue to have issues, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or using a different browser altogether, and retry importing intto your TurboTax Online account.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What about import errors with desktop users.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

If you happen to have a password with special characters for your brokerage account, it may cause problems on your investment import. The workaround is to change your password on the account to something without special characters, complete the import, then change it back to your original password.

You may also opt to type in the information manually.

slhardie

Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem with Edward Jones. I've changed my password to something simple (no special characters), cleared the cache and cookies, tried Safari and Chrome, and I still can't import my account information. It's infuriating. I'm not having trouble connecting to any other investment accounts - only EJ. Part of the reason I use TurboTax is so that I can do this import and not have to manually enter everything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have the same problem.  I too have changed PW's and still no luck.  I even work over 25 minutes with a Turbo Tax "Expert" and she couldn't fix it either!! I'm very frustrated with the TurboTax program for this year.  If anyone knows of another Tax Program that works I'm ready to junk Turbo Tax and swish to it.  To say I'm frustrated would be an understatement.   

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Be sure to select the right financial institution or brokerage from the list. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the wrong First National Bank, you won't be able to import.

You can import up to 1,500 transactions from your financial institution in TurboTax Online.  Go here to see how to take a picture of your 1099-MISC in the mobile app.

Related Information:

@JDiggins1    @slhardie

I finally resolved my access problem.  The tech's at EJ did some magic and I got the forms down loaded.  It looks like it was an EJ problem and not TT.  So, I guess I have egg on my face and owe Turbo Tax an apology.

JDiggins1

I have the same problem. No help from Edward Jones. I changed my password so there is no special character. Help! Any solutions or other info you can provide?

vfasburg

Hi, I had this issue too. It turned out to be that Turbotax expects the username in all caps!  Hope this helps.

mdyz
Level 2

I'm having the same problem.  I've changed my Edward Jones password to all lower case letters and numbers several times.  I have cleared all cookies and cache.  Edward Jones tech have reset my online account.  I have tried all upper and then all lower case numbers in user name.   Edward Jones can not figure it out.  I have not had any problems in the previous years with this issue.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You may need to check with Edward Jones to see if they are allowing third-party access. Although the following Help Article is for Schwab, it is possible that your brokerage has restricted TurboTax's access to your statements unless you grant consent, and you might need to do something similar to what is described here How can I fix my 1099 import issue?

If you continue to have issues, please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact Customer Support: What is the TurboTax phone number?

@mdyz

mdyz
Level 2

@MichelleLO , Thank you for your quick response.  That does not seem to be the issue.  I can log into Edward Jones and get connected thru Quicken.  I tried 2 times update thru Quicken and had no problem updating and syncing accounts.   I did talk to 3 different Tech people at Edward Jones and could not figure it out.  I said they will research it and hopefully get back to me

For those having issues, I had to disable two factor authentication on my Edward Jones account and reset my password to something simple (without any special characters). That was the only way I could get it to import. Then I had to reset everything back to normal security levels after the import. 

mdyz
Level 2

@abcde12345 Lol, I actually and VERY temporarily set my password to your user name.  The tech and I still could not get it to log in.  I do not have two factor authentication enabled.  Also, I have no problem gaining access thru Quicken.  Thanks for you response!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies