When will I be able to import my 1099? - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Get the latest stimulus news and tax filing updates.
Intuit

When will I be able to import my 1099?

The IRS requires financial institutions to mail out forms 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID, 1099-R, and 1099-MISC (provided there are no entries in boxes 8 or 14) by January 31.

If your financial institution is listed as a TurboTax 1099 Partner, you'll likely be able to import these types of 1099s by January 31, but this isn't a guarantee.  When you attempt to import forms that aren't ready yet, we'll display the availability date your bank or brokerage gave us.

Your tax year 2019 Form 1099-B doesn't have to be mailed out until February 18 per the IRS. Same goes with 1099-MISC forms that have entries in box 8 or 14. But even if you already got your 1099-B or 1099-MISC in the mail, your institution or brokerage might not have it ready for import until early March or even later – we'll let you know what date they gave us when you try to import.

And finally, if your brokerage issues a consolidated tax statement with several types of 1099s, which is common, you might not be able to import any of your 1099s until the 1099-B or 1099-MISC becomes available.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post