Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Kevin_nm
Returning Member

I can't file my return yet because the government is still working on finishing up certain tax forms.

I fixed them already, because the software is not updating correctly. 

mforcella
Returning Member

I can't file my return yet because the government is still working on finishing up certain tax forms.

How did you fix the problem,?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

It is possible the forms needed are not available yet.

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on the availability of IRS forms. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on State forms availability. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mmoaks

I received an email from TurboTax saying my forms are ready so I can file my return.  I did the update and still it comes back the same thing, that the government is still working on my forms.

How long do I have to wait and why do I keep getting incorrect emails from TurboTax?

All the forms i need are available now. But the software is not updating them. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below,  on troubleshooting updating issues.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/how-do-i-update-turbotax-cd-download/01/26038#M6

If you continue to have problems please contact Technical Support using this form: 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ 

rjz
Returning Member

I am having the same problem and the manual patch didn't work.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@rjz Please contact phone support, as a representative my have to issue you a manual download to resolve the issue.  Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for contact information:  What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

ritz59

The form is showing available but in spite of clearing my cache, updating several times , i still get the message that i cant file because the government is working on the form

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

I am not sure what specific form you are referring to.

If you are using a Mac, on the Turbotax Menu click on "Turbotax" in the upper far left, then hold down the "option" button on your Mac keyboard. When you hold the "option" button it will change the "check for updates" to read "download latest updates". While continuing to hold down the "option" button click on "download latest updates".

If you continue to need assistance, you may contact TurboTax Support.

What is the TurboTax phone number

mybank2828
Returning Member

I have the same problem.  Why this forms were OK last year.  Now it's all messed up :(

mybank2828
Returning Member

What if it won't be available in Windows Turbo Tax by 7/15?

Have you updated your desktop software lately?  All of the forms have been available for months.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjz
Returning Member

After numerous attempts to update and then reinstall Turbotax I gave up and called Turbotax tech support and they emailed me a link to download a new installation file and that fixed my problem. Apparently my problem was related to the original installation file I downloaded when I bought Turbotax on Amazon.

mybank2828
Returning Member

what's the number you called.  Please let me know.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies