Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am unable to import my 1099/1099-B from Wells Fargo, but the document is online and available. Is there a problem with the import process? It has worked in the past.

FYI all...FIRST CLEARING does NOT work for a Wells fargo mortgage...

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I am unable to import my 1099/1099-B from Wells Fargo, but the document is online and available. Is there a problem with the import process? It has worked in the past.

If import does not go smooth, I will suggest to manually enter info.  For import, there are a limit on how many transactions TurboTax can handle.  See blue links below.  Here are the steps:

In TurboTax online,

• Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off
  • At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in 1099b and Enter 
  • Select Jump to 1099b
  • Follow prompts
  • On-screen, "Let's import your tax info, select I'll type it myself
  • Follow prompts to continue

For more information, click here: 

how many stock transactions TT can handle

Import / crashed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CarolaLa

My Wells Fargo import is failing.  I am able to log into the Wells Fargo website and see the documents online.  I don't want to have to waste time entering all the data manually, this is why I pay more for Turbo Tax instead of TaxAct.  TurboTax FIX IT!!!

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

This issue is being worked on, however the only other option is to enter the information manually.  In some instances, you may be able to combine the amounts so as to limit the entries.

In Turbo Tax drop down menu for financial institutions, don't use Wells Fargo go to First Clearing.

First Clearing is the backroom for Wells Fargo Advisors.

PeteF1

This problem seems to have been first reported in March ... why so long to fix it?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Did you try using First Clearing instead of Wells Fargo?

June 2019 is when this issue was first reported.  If Wells Fargo was some small bank, I'd give Intuit a pass but it's one of the largest banks in the country.  

I am unable to import my 1099/1099-B from both CHASE and Bank of America, but the document is online and available. Is there a problem with the import process? It has worked in the past.  I've tried this for several days.

HonestGuy

This is so disappointing. 

The import used to work in previous years.

It didn't work for 2019 and it is not working for 2020. 

Fails to import rsu/espp details from schwab as well.

If I have to mess with the forms and enter things myself, why shouldnt I just go to a CPA ?

Why do I pay for TT Premier ?

All--  I sent an email (text below)  to the CEO of Intuit today, and encourage you to DO THE  SAME ..and to dispute the charge for TT 2020 with your credit card institution.

His email address is (on the Intuit website via the hyperlink below):   [email address removed]

https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/sasan-goodarzi/#:~:text=Sasan%20Goodarzi%20is%20chief%20ex....

....My name is xxx xxx; I’ve been a Turbo tax user for 15+ years.

Never have I experienced a more arrogant, detached, tone deaf, condescending company than Turbo Tax.

Read the posts in TT online support.  People have complained about connectivity issues with banks for literally YEARS, WITH NO RESULTS.  TT continues to be COMPLETELY AWOL.  ZERO RESULTS.

Your sophomore staff pretend to “care” by giving insulting, primitive, condescending replies… completely clueless answers that serve only to exacerbate the problem by giving useless “advice”, and revealing your perspective …that you don’t really believe TT has a problem at all…always asking insulting questions that insinuate it’s a user error, and always ending with the same infuriating , asinine, advice to “just enter the W2 information manually.  RYKM???

I’ve worked in IT for over 20 years. I learned way early on that when multiple people report the same problem, over and over, over an extended period…THERE’ A PROBEM.  Have you ever even bothered to try and replicate the issue? Or do you just excuse yourselves because it’s easy and expedient and because, as it certainly seems, there is NO DOWNSIDE for you in not dealing with the issue in earnest.

I’ve NEVER had these issues connecting with banks with other software, and I use a lot of different software.

Sorry, not sorry.  For all that it is, at the end of the day, Turbo Tax doesn’t do what you CLAIM, so proudly, that  it will do--  “connect” with your so-called “partners”.  And stop blaming them.  In so doing, all you do is make chumps of yourselves.  It is implausible, impossible, that that so many institutions could all be making the same stupid mistake.  At the end of the day, everyone connects to the same banks in exactly the manner prescribed by TT.

I called AMEX today and disputed the charge for TT 2020. And I’m posting this email on your support website, with your email address, and encouraging others to write to you.

Read thru the support posts…if you have a few hours, and connect yourself with your customers. I hope it’s a wake-up call....

“   https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-i-am-unable-to-import-my-1099-1099-b-[product ... 

That is exactly the point. Intuit creates these useless chat threads that they don't read and then don't provide any way to get issues resolved. The wells fargo links are broken on the TurboTax end. I imported from several other instiutions with no issue today. Wells reports a successful connection, including 2 factor authentication and then it just disappears. The error message from TT says "download unsuccessful...but you can type all the information in yourself"... no error message or code that can be tracked or resolved. Product is now pretty bad.

hlstern

I have a problem with import of WellsFargop. Called them and they said it was TurboTax and I should contact them.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Some TurboTax CD/Download customers may be experiencing an error when importing from Wells Fargo Advisors.

We are working to resolve this issue.

This TurboTax link Why can't I import from Wells Fargo Advisors? will allow you to sign up for notifications and updates.

@hlstern

@LeonardS With all due respect, the issue with Wells Fargo import goes back to June 2019 (see page 1 of this discussion) so I have no faith that Intuit will finally fix this problem.  It didn't work for me in TurboTax 2019 and 2020 so let's see if it works in TurboTax 2021.  Wells Fargo is one of the largest banks so Intuit should address this issue.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies