Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am unable to import my 1099/1099-B from Wells Fargo, but the document is online and available. Is there a problem with the import process? It has worked in the past.

Date: 03/17/2020 (7:50 pm pacific): "Unsuccessful" when importing 1099-INT from "Wells Fargo Bank." Have received paper copies of 1099-INT but prefer importing digitally so that any missing paper trail in mail is not a problem. It worked last year and possibly years prior to that also.

Please help us by working with Wells Fargo Bank to fix the issue.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I am unable to import my 1099/1099-B from Wells Fargo, but the document is online and available. Is there a problem with the import process? It has worked in the past.

I am sorry you are having a problem with this. Sometimes it can result from how your computer is interacting with the program. 

You can try clearing the cache on your computer as follows:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

Also, you can try logging in using a different browser or computer if you have one.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When trying to import from Wells Fargo  please SEARCH for the bank name in the search bar. Banks can have many portals. For Wells Fargo there are 3 possible portals (Wells Fargo, Wells Fargo Advisor, etc)  It is my experience that most individuals who have consolidated tax summaries, 1099-div, 1099-int, 1099-b need to import from the Wells Fargo Advisor portal.  Hope this helps!

@jedson @wppthe3rd @shashank-s 

When trying to import from Wells Fargo  please SEARCH for the bank name in the search bar. Banks can have many portals. For Wells Fargo there are 3 possible portals (Wells Fargo, Wells Fargo Advisor, etc)  It is my experience that most individuals who have consolidated tax summaries, 1099-div, 1099-int, 1099-b need to import from the Wells Fargo Advisor portal.  Hope this helps!

taxdodger

Thank you! Yes, I was able to login using Wells Fargo ADVISORS (not just regular WF). Good tip!!!

Unhappythisyear
Returning Member

YES, I am experiencing the Exact Same Problem! There is definitely a problem, and I called Wells Fargo Bank, and they confirmed it is a known problem on the Turbo Tax side, since all their data is up and available.

The Turbo Tax screen does the first input of name, then comes back with Wells Fargo's additional security of typing in the temp code from my phone. When I do that, Turbo Tax says, "Error Importing". 

What's up Turbo Tax????

Unhappythisyear
Returning Member

Wow, thanks Turbo Tax. We can import it MANUALLY!

The price for Turbo Tax keeps going up, and we pay all this money, but the functionality is getting WORSE!!!

Why continue to use this software if it gets worse each year???

Unhappythisyear
Returning Member

Don't just tell us to manually input the data. FIX THE PROBLEM TURBO TAX!!!

Unhappythisyear
Returning Member

That's the problem ... The import IS available. Turbo Tax used to be able to do it the last couple of years, but it's broken this year! FIX IT TURBO TAX!

When trying to import from Wells Fargo  please SEARCH for the bank name in the search bar. Banks can have many portals. For Wells Fargo there are 3 possible portals (Wells Fargo, Wells Fargo Advisor, etc)  It is my experience that most individuals who have consolidated tax summaries, 1099-div, 1099-int, 1099-b need to import from the Wells Fargo Advisor portal.  Hope this helps!  @Unhappythisyear 

Great! If you could please give my answer a "thumbs up" it will help others to find my post on this thread quicker. Thanks so much!

@taxdodger 

I finally figured out the solution (at least for me).  There are 3 options for various Wells Fargo businesses, and I needed to select Wells Fargo Advisors because I have a consolidated 1099 that encompasses several accounts.  

IHILL03
Returning Member

If you are having issues with importing with Wellsfargo Bank. Make sure of the area you are in (the right bank makes a big difference )...make sure if you are connected to the Well Fargo account. Some customer has Well Fargo Advisor and other accounts. Login into well Fargo and go-go to view your forms if your form is not in well Fargo bank then. You may have to contact the bank and ask them how to access that information.  If they take you anywhere that is not in your normal banking area then you need to change the well Fargo to that. Sorry for the inconvenience if you need help just give TT Support a call they will help 

Im trying to import Wells Fargo 1099B and it wont let me..Please help

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies