turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bgtsaluki

I am trying to input my w2 manually but there is no input screen. Just a blank page.

Turbo tax 21 downloaded to my pc.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

I am trying to input my w2 manually but there is no input screen. Just a blank page.

Did you run a program update lately ?   

And make the entry in the step by step mode and NOT in the FORMS mode.  

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The W-2 section of 2021 TurboTax is very slow. When you get the blank screen, wait 15 seconds or so and see if anything appears.

bgtsaluki

Thanks.  I tried that and still nothing but a blank screen.  I installed and reinstalled, no joy.  Running windows 10, turned off all security, rebooted, same results.

W2 screen is just blank.  Did uninstall and reinstall no luck.

Any ideas?  

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Follow the instructions in this link here to troubleshoot the blank screen. Use this link here to contact Customer Support if you need further assistance. 

@Tamed3

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Running as Administrator solved the problem for me.  I am Windows 10 and Chrome.  The W-2 input screen magically appeared after following the recommendation to run TT as administrator.  Whew.

Running as administrator clears the issue but also seems to slow the program down. It is also apparent that I need to run this way each time I use it.

For as many years as I have used TT, this is a major issue, and I was just lucky to find an answer here

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you've tried the resolution listed above and are still experiencing problems, you can contact support for additional assistance.

This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent.

Hermanmd

When I try entering my W2 information manually it won't let me enter anything. I'm not sure what the issue is. When I try calling the 800 number I can't get a real person on the phone. Super frustrating!!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the Help Article here on how to troubleshoot blank screens, missing images, or buttons.  

@Hermanmd

I had this happen for several years in a row.  Then it expanded to not being able to access other things. I tried installing the program on a different computer.  It worked. I suspect it was a conflict with my virus scan program. I have Kaspersky on the PC I was using when i had problems. I use Webroot on my laptop where the program will work. Both are Windows based computers. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies