turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to download the 2017 Turbo Tax program. Is it available yet? Order number: TAR17YW####### Order date: Nov 03, 2017

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am trying to download the 2017 Turbo Tax program. Is it available yet? Order number: TAR17YW####### Order date: Nov 03, 2017

It looks like you are an Advantage member.   If your credit/debit card was charged, then the download should have been in your account since mid-November.

Log out of TurboTax, delete your browser cache, close the browser and reopen it.  Then use this download link to retrieve your purchase, logging in with the User ID and password for your Advantage Account:

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

If the download file isn't there, then look to see if you have multiple accounts (User IDs), and if the download might be in another account.  To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.  If necessary, then try the email addresses you can access.   Once you know all of your User IDs, then try each one at the download link I provided above.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and each email address you have, then run the tool yet again, but this time choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

If you still don't find it after all that, use the form at the link below to schedule a callback.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

View solution in original post

8 Replies

It looks like you are an Advantage member.   If your credit/debit card was charged, then the download should have been in your account since mid-November.

Log out of TurboTax, delete your browser cache, close the browser and reopen it.  Then use this download link to retrieve your purchase, logging in with the User ID and password for your Advantage Account:

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

If the download file isn't there, then look to see if you have multiple accounts (User IDs), and if the download might be in another account.  To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.  If necessary, then try the email addresses you can access.   Once you know all of your User IDs, then try each one at the download link I provided above.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and each email address you have, then run the tool yet again, but this time choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

If you still don't find it after all that, use the form at the link below to schedule a callback.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Ed127
Returning Member

Hi, the link you have available in your website for TurboTax Deluxe 2017 is wrongly pointing to the 2016 product!

Can you please send me the correct link to download the 2017 version?

Thanks so much!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You are posting on a past thread that has outdated information. We no longer sell or support TurboTax products for 2017 and earlier tax years.

@Ed127

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ed127
Returning Member

mmm  if that is so, why does the 2017 Turbo Tax shows up under the download options, and why I was able to download the 2016 product??

Thanks!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the information here from this Help Article concerning prior-year downloads.  

@Ed127

Ed127
Returning Member

The information you are suggesting for me to read is completely irrelevant to the issue I am reporting!

I am reporting that the link you have in your website in order to download the 2017 Turbo Tax desktop version is wrongly pointing to the 2016 product!!

I was requesting for the correct URL to download the 2017 version of Turbo Tax!

Nothing else. Not asking for support or any other matter !

Thanks,

Ed

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you previously purchased the software for 2017 and you are accessing your downloads to find the wrong year linked?

If so, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support and request to speak to a tech support agent who can assist with this issue. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@Ed127

Ed127
Returning Member

YES!!

That is exactly the situation!

Thanks....??

Ed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies