Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Link to Ally bank fails to fully upload my 1099-INT, choosing only one of several accounts. Who'd be responsible for my underpayment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Link to Ally bank fails to fully upload my 1099-INT, choosing only one of several accounts. Who'd be responsible for my underpayment?

Just yourself....for  not checking each and every import you've done and correcting them in the first place.

Certainly it is something that TTX and ALLY need to work out together, and you can point fingers at whomever you want.....but you needed to pay attention and correct to the proper numbers before you file...and add in the extra 1099-INT forms yourself  (or just one 1099-INT with the total.....ALLY does show one with a grand total on their PDF forms))

(Just an Opinion, but Yes----I'd point a finger more at ALLY, since TTX imports millions of other 1099-INTs form other banks with no problems.  Have heard of one other Bank with an issue similar to the ALLY one though).

DO you want to get it fixed though?  Call TTX and complain.  When they get annoyed enough with all the calls, maybe someone at TTX will either force ALLY to fix the formatting of their tax form import files, or remove them altogether as an import partner.

(Complaining here does nothing...this is a Public "Forum" and is not Customer Support)

CALL TTX AND COMPLAIN !

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I am having the same issue--do I just manually add up the different amounts on the different accounts and change box 1 to the total? Or is it better to enter in a separate 1099-INT for each Ally account I have?

Turbotax and Ally really need to fix this glitch.

Log into your Ally account, select "Tax Forms" to open your 1099.  Near the end there will be a "Total 1099-INT" entry that sums all accounts.

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

If there are several just add up the boxes and enter one 1099-INT for Ally.  The advantage to entering separate 1099-INTs is you need to be sure you capture all the information in all the boxes on all the 1099s.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same issue.  I have multiple accounts at Ally Bank and only 2 accounts have a 1099.  None of the CDs produced a 1099.  In their HELP section it says to use APEX CLEARING when doing an import.  It also says to use your 8 digit account number as a User ID and your TIN as a password.  It does not authenticate when attempting to do this .. and further the account numbers are 10 digits and not 8.  Then APEX says to use 10- in front of your account number.  So with multiple accounts it appears you do one at a time?  Further.. there are not 1099s produced for any of the other accounts so I can't even do this manually.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You can  also enter an overall total for long term and short term sales.   Long term would be listed as one line item and short term would be listed as another line item.

Please click here for more information. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies