turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

HOW TO DELETE FORM IN TURBOTAX 2020

INSTRUCTIONS SAY TO CLICK ON MY ACCOUNT-TOOL BUT I DO NOT SEE "MY ACCOUNT" OR TOOLS.

HOW DO I FIND "MY ACCOUNT"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies

You need to provide more information.

Are you using the online version or the CD/download version installed on your computer (and if so Mac or Windows)?

What form are you trying to delete?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thanks for replying.  I have the downloaded version on my IMAC and a disk version on my Dell/windows. The instructions are:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.   However i do not see Tax Tools anywhere or least I haven't been able to find. another instruction said to do to My Account thant Tools but i do not see My Account neither. 

@orompi Using the TurboTax desktop editions to delete a form you have to click on Forms.  When in Forms mode locate the form you want to delete on the left side of the screen.  Click on the form to Open.  With the form opened scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Delete.

@orompi wrote:

Thanks for replying.  I have the downloaded version on my IMAC and a disk version on my Dell/windows. The instructions are:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.   However i do not see Tax Tools anywhere or least I haven't been able to find. another instruction said to do to My Account thant Tools but i do not see My Account neither. 

Those instructions are for the ONLINE version.

Here are the instructions for the desktop version.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/how-do-i-delete-a-tax-form-in-the-turbotax-cd-download-...

The best way – and often the only way – to delete income forms (including forms W-2, 1098, 1099, and K-1) is to do it from the summary screen for that particular form.

For example, the summary screen for Form W-2 displays the W-2(s) you entered and has buttons to edit, delete, or add another W-2.

So try that first – simply search for the form number, click its jump-to link, and see if that takes you to a summary screen. In the previous W-2 example, searching for W-2 and then selecting the "Jump-to" link in the search results takes you to the Here's your W-2 info screen, where you can remove it by selecting Delete.

How do I delete other tax forms or schedules?

While it's OK to delete blank, duplicate, or irrelevant forms, we don't recommend deleting valid forms or schedules, for example non-final forms or forms that won't let you e-file. Understand that deleting a form or schedule may create new, unforeseen problems before proceeding.

Also, if you need to remove a business that transferred over from your prior-year return, don't just delete Schedule C. Instead, remove the business.

Windows Instructions

1. Switch to Forms mode.
  2. In the left pane, select the form you want to remove.
  3. After the form is generated in the right pane, select the Delete Form button at the bottom of the window.
  4. Follow any instructions to remove the form or forms.

Mac Instructions

1. Switch to Forms mode.
  2. In the left pane, select the form you want to remove (if you don't see it, select Open Form at the top).
  3. From the Forms menu, select Remove [form name].
  4. Follow any on-screen instructions to remove the form or forms.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I also have the MAC.

I entered a form several times by mistake and I needed to remove/delete these forms.

Open Turbo Tax.

Click continue.

Click on Forms on the upper left corner in Turbo Tax.

Select the for you want to delete.

Once is highlighted blue, hit your DELETE key on your keyboard.

Thanks all, I hope it helps you.

THANKS....that did the trick.

Wbbellppg
Returning Member

How do you spent three days in numerous phone calls to your help line and I have not been able to resolve my problem Siri I want to go forward with my tax forms and it seems the only way I can do that is for you to delete my text and let me start over again that is the only way I can do this. I have talk to your counselor nothing work I can’t do please let me start over again

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@Wbbellppg

What is the issue you are experiencing? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for replying.  at the time I didnt know how to delete a form but since then I have learned how to do it by going to Forms and then selecting "remove form". but I appreciate you wanting to help. take care and stay safe.

CD/download version installed on my computer Mac 

@jhurst3466 wrote:

CD/download version installed on my computer Mac 

To delete a form on a Mac desktop switch to the forms mode and then select the form in the left side form list and  use the top menu bar "Forms" -> Remove form xxxx.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and thanks for the clear explanation. take care. 

rraeisi

I am using CD Desktop for Mac

rraeisi

1098 T

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies