turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How to change bank account

I said you can't fix it.  You will have to pay it by check or directly online at the IRS.

MikeMote
Returning Member

What happens if you owe monet to IRS and your return has been accepted by IRS. What happens then?

@MikeMote  Don't you see my answers?  I posted twice.

MikeMote
Returning Member

If your return has been accepted, you cannot change the bank information.  If the routing number is incorrect, IRS will send you a check refund instead.

What if I owe money, what hapens when bank info is wrong? 

Why don't you like my answers?  If your return has been accepted it's too late to change the bank info.  The IRS will mail you a bill.  So pay the IRS directly online here

https://www.irs.gov/payments

Or send a check, here is a 1040V voucher slip

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040v.pdf

Pay the IRS here

D57BF350-23F7-4D10-AD42-ABD4356C1458.png

MikeMote
Returning Member

I love your answer now. Thank you & you are the best!!

Are you the same person?  Did you change your username?  I've been screaming over here, lol!

I specified my checking account to receive my refund.  My checking account was hacked and my bank closed the account.  How should I advise the IRS to send me my refund?

You cannot change how you want to receive your refund after you file.   If the refund goes to a closed account it will go back to the IRS and they will mail a check to the address on your return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I put my routing number and bank account number on my turbo tax forms and it is not what i entered so my refund went to a random persons account.  

I have already filed and it has already been sent to a random bank account.  How do I receive my refund sooner than later

@darlingtonbillie wrote:

I have already filed and it has already been sent to a random bank account.  How do I receive my refund sooner than later

Did you request to have the TurboTax account fees paid from the federal tax refund?

I would like to change my bank account & direct diposit. I no longer have access to that bank. My stimulus got direct diposited and i am unable to get it because it got diposited to a bank account i no longer can access.

I need to change bank infor on my turbo account i place to deposit my taxed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies