turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How I can pay for my turbo tax fees if I am living abroad? All credit cards are declined, even american based ones.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How I can pay for my turbo tax fees if I am living abroad? All credit cards are declined, even american based ones.

Posting a solution here in case someone else runs into this problem.

Apparently there is a glitch in the system. If under my info you have a foreign address, change it to an US one before making the credit card payment, make the payment, then change your address before you file the taxes. The workaround worked thanks to a great customer service agent Jeffrey who worked on his end with tech support to figure this out. 

Note, if you also are purchasing Max benefits, you got to do the same. But it worked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Just to clarify as I needed more space - I cannot subtract from my return because I live abroad, I tried with my american credit card that is listed with home address abroad, I tried with a paypal debit card that is still listed in the US as home address and finally after talking to a customer service person, I tried to pay with my friend's credit card who lives in the US. In all instances I get a message above saying to verify address, credit card number and CVV number. There is some glitch in the system and now I am stuck and can't pay the fee to submit my taxes. 

Posting a solution here in case someone else runs into this problem.

Apparently there is a glitch in the system. If under my info you have a foreign address, change it to an US one before making the credit card payment, make the payment, then change your address before you file the taxes. The workaround worked thanks to a great customer service agent Jeffrey who worked on his end with tech support to figure this out. 

Note, if you also are purchasing Max benefits, you got to do the same. But it worked.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Try changing your address in the My Info to the address that corresponds with the Credit Card you are trying to use (even though that's not your current address).

After you pay, go back and change your address to your current address.

Click this link for more info Paying for TurboTax with a Foreign Address.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sammydubs

That is an incredible bug with an even more impressive workaround.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies