turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I make the font more visible? I can barely read it

Going blind trying to read the faint font
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

34 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can increase the size of the font by pressing CTRL along with the Plus Sign. To decrease the font size, press the CTRL and Minus Sign on your keyboard.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tried using CTRL + on my Mac keyboard.

Does not increase the tax interview font on my iMac running Safari 14.0.3

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

How to Increase the Text Size on Your Mac

1. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner.
  2. Select System Preferences.
  3. Select Displays.
  4. Click Scaled.
  5. Select a lower resolution. If you see icons with different sized previews of text, select the icon that says Larger Text and click OK.

click the  Abutton.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This does not work.  Have tried it for two days.  Not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same experience here.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You can increase the size of the font by pressing CTRL along with the Plus Sign. To decrease the font size, press the CTRL and Minus Sign on your keyboard.

That normally works but not with Mac Turbotax app.

At least not with Safari 14.0.3

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Please try the following: In an app on your Mac, choose Format > Show Fonts or Format > Font > Show Fonts. In the Fonts window, click the Action pop-up menu , choose Edit Sizes, then do any of the following: Add a font size: Type a new size, then click the Add button . Change the values on the slider: Type new values in the Max.

OR

1. Make all content larger: Choose Safari > Settings for This Website and choose an option from the Page Zoom pop-up menu, or choose View > Zoom In. ...
  2. Make only the text larger: Press Option while you choose View > Make Text Bigger.

@TacksDodger

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not understand what you are saying.  I will explain

"In an app on your Mac, choose Format > Show Fonts or Format > Font > Show Fonts."

What is "an app on your Mac?"  Do you mean the Turbo Tax Program purchased on Disc?  Do you mean some other random program ("app?") on my Mac?  There is no "Format" drop-down menu either in the Turbotax program or in Safari.  The topics are :  "File  Edit  View Forms Easy Step Flags Window Help."  After looking at each subtopic 4 ties, I am able to say with confidence that there is no "Font" option.  

Secondly, you suggest "Make all content larger:  Choose Safari>Settings for this website. . . ."    Safari does not work for this purpose because Turbo Tax is neither open nor operating  in Safari.  Turbotax is its own program.  No Safari involved.  

Are you sure you are conversant with how the Turbotax Disc works in IOS, which is the operating system used in Apple computers.  Neither of your proposed solutions is possible on this computer.  I'm still looking at the -8 pt. type.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@Anonymous if you are still having the same issue after trying all the other troubleshooting above, it would be best to click here and speak with customer support. 

TRS1
Level 1

This solution (Ctrl-+) does NOT work in pop-up windows on the Turbotax Premier 2021 installed program for Windows. Poor accessibility. You've got to copy the text from such a pop-up and then paste it into something more functional like Microsoft Word, and then increase the zoom level or font size there.

@ TRS1  wrote:

This solution (Ctrl-+) does NOT work in pop-up windows on the Turbotax Premier 2021 installed program for Windows. Poor accessibility. You've got to copy the text from such a pop-up and then paste it into something more functional like Microsoft Word, and then increase the zoom level or font size there.

See if the two images below from the Windows version of TurboTax are helpful.   The first image shows how to make the fonts of a primary TurboTax screen larger, and the second image shows how to make the fonts larger on a popup Help window.   Click each image below to enlarge.

enlargefonts3.png

enlargefonts5.png

TRS1
Level 1

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, the popup window I noticed this on doesn't have Large A / small A buttons on it. Using Ctrl-+, or clicking on the large A on the main / parent window only makes the font in that window larger, not in the popup. Nothing I've tried, like making the window wider or using the ctrl key with the mouse scroll wheel makes the font in the popup larger for me. Attaching a screenshot of the popup. Thanks again. popup.jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies