Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ohanam12

How can I get my taxes for free?I am trying to file my federal and state taxes for free and I don't have that option to do so when I get to the "file" part

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JoeyB

How can I get my taxes for free?I am trying to file my federal and state taxes for free and I don't have that option to do so when I get to the "file" part

Intuit has elected not to renew its participation in the IRS Free File Program and will no longer be offering IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax. You may still qualify for other IRS Free File offers by visiting http:www.IRS.Gov/freefile. Or you can visit www.turbotax.com to see available TurboTax offerings.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Unfortunately, it appears you are using TurboTax Deluxe. This program is not free.

If you have low income, you may qualify for the Free File Edition. While the name is similar to Free Edition, it does not have upgrade fees.

To you qualify

Make less than $34,000 a year or

Qualify for the Earned Income Credit or

Active military making less than $66,000

For more information, follow these links: Free File Program  and IRS Free File Alliance.

To get started, click here:  www.taxfreedom.com

JoeyB

Intuit has elected not to renew its participation in the IRS Free File Program and will no longer be offering IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax. You may still qualify for other IRS Free File offers by visiting http:www.IRS.Gov/freefile. Or you can visit www.turbotax.com to see available TurboTax offerings.

@JoeyB 

And make your answer the "BEST"?  I guess you are bored on a quiet Friday night or just testing the system. 

Maybe you are new ... when the old threads were transferred from the old forum to this one the old threads all had June 2019 dates ... so when you post to these they are 3 years or older and the folks on these threads are no longer looking for further answers. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies