Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I download Turbotax file without Winzip stopping me and demanding money?

WINZIP?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

How can I download Turbotax file without Winzip stopping me and demanding money?

That application must be on the computer where you are trying to download the TurboTax installation file.  Find the app on your computer and remove it.

The TurboTax installation file is a self-extracting program which does Not need a secondary application for installation.

Assuming you purchased the TurboTax software from TurboTax or an authorized reseller.

Or are you trying to download your tax return file?  Ending in .tax2021?  What are you trying to download?  

I downloaded my 2022 turbo tax and when I open it it goes to winzip. I don't want it

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the steps in the below TurboTax Help Article to download/print a copy of your return.

How do I print or download a return I filed this year in TurboTax Online?

@spikeo1492 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Try using a diffuser browser to download it.  Are you trying to download the program or your tax return?

warren18

if i don't want to use and pay for the win zip program to open my turbo tax program, how can i open it?

warren18

i am trying to download my 2023 turbo tax delux federal and state 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Refer to the TurboTax Help articles Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows downloading issues and Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows to see if there are any helpful actions you haven’t tried yet. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies