turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I access live chat

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

27 Replies

There is no live chat.  You can post a question here and someone will try to help.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Trying to access last years account information but it's an incorrect email and my phone won't allow the codes to get the information
William4

how do I report 401k distribution in NJ? 3 yr rule / general rule makes no sense

William and britmarie21:
You should start your own new thread at the link below so it will show up to the whole forum as needing help.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new</a>

When you go to the form at the link, the first box is for a summary of your question, like a title, and is limited to 170 characters..  If you need more room, lower on the form you will come to another box with plenty of room to enter details.    This is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info.

TurboTax does not have live chat.  It has a product add-on (for an extra fee) that has live tax help from a CPA/EA, but there is no live technical support or customer support.

Here's how to start a thread in this forum.  Use the link below which will provide a form for you to ask a question.  When you post it, it will show up to the whole forum as needing help.   If it can't be answered here, we can tell you how to contact Customer Support.

When you go to the form at the link, the first box is for a summary of your question, like a title, and is limited to 170 characters.  If you need more room, lower on the form you will encounter another box with plenty of room to enter details.    This is a public Internet forum, so do not post any personal info.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new

Tillie

Used Business 2018 and on different computer Windows 7 and am trying to transfer to Business 2019 on windows 10 computer won't except it.   2018 is coping as PDF form.  Help!!

svolkamer

I want to file manually and would like to review all the forms. Where I go to “forms”, all forms are listed so I don’t know which one to mail. Where do I find my Federal Tax Return only?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

Are you trying to mail your return in?

You will find this option in the File section of the program.  See the following link for more instructions.

Switch from E-file to mail

When you print out your return, only the forms that need to be mailed in will print out along with instructions on how to file your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@svolkamer You have the choice to e-file or mail the return.  But are you aware that if you choose to mail it, it will take much longer for the IRS to process your return?  Mailed returns have been sitting in trailers for months, with no end in sight of when the IRS is going to start opening those envelopes.  Be forewarned.

MAILED RETURNS

Per the IRS website IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continueThe IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your economic impact payment. Paper returns will be processed  once processing centers are able to reopen. 

If you mail a tax return (or a payment) to the IRS, it is a good idea to use a mailing service that will track it like UPS or certified mail so you will know it was received.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s. 

TurboTax will not know anything about your mailed return, and will continue to show “Ready to Mail” on your account.  TurboTax will not know that you put your tax return in an envelope and took it to a mailbox.  TurboTax does not get updates on mailed  (or e-filed) returns.

When the IRS finally opens its mail and begins to process mailed returns you can check the status on the IRS site. https://www.irs.gov/refunds

State returns have to be mailed to the state.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/20/politics/irs-mail-trailers-covid/index.html

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Moderator notified

SabrinaH
Returning Member

I filed  With turbotax and it said I was receiving my normal federal amount which I have been getting for the last 3 and plus years, But now the IRS is saying I owe a 169 and nothing adds up and nothing has changed so I don't know where I went wrong and I don't know who to go to.

Cynthiad66
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS will send you an Explanation of Adjustment letter in next few weeks.  You will have an opportunity to determine why there was an adjustment and if the adjustment is correct.  The wait is the issue.  There is little to no need to call during filing season because the IRS is busy getting out refunds.

The Explanation of Adjustments will have contact information for you to call them.

TurboTax does not have any information regarding your refund.  Privacy Laws prevent the IRS from sharing any information with TurboTax.

@SabrinaH

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Erin50

Will we be able to e file with schedule W? When will that day be?

@Erin50 Schedule W?  Is that a state form?  What state?    Many forms are not yet ready.  Click Review to see when your forms will be ready.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies