Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

halptrin

Has anyone else ever experienced the "Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section" error message? If so how did you get past it?

Keeps having a spinning circle on state Can't move forward or delete state taxes

mrkow86

Has anyone else ever experienced the "Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section" error message? If so how did you get past it?

Exactly. I can't push past this error message and Intuit support is useless

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Where in the program are you getting this error?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mrkow86

Extension for both federal and state

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Yes that has happened before.  Sounds like your computer may be experiencing a loop.  Let's clear your cookies, history and cache' then reboot.

Cookies are small files that temporarily store data on your computer. We use them to personalize your experience so you see information you already entered and not items that are irrelevant or repetitive.

On rare occasions, they may make your browser think you already did something that you still need to do. To fix that, you'll need to delete (clear) the cookies from your browser.

Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

Related Information:

@mrkow86 

pat555

Can't get past the "Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section" message.

I click on the file, then start, I see my refund, the order summary says $0, then hit confirm payment and I get the above message.  

Tried using Edge and Chrome browsers.  Checked all updates.  Tried using a different computer.  Tried using my phone, connected to 5G in case it was my wifi.  All produce the same message.  Any ideas?  (I have been on the phone with Turbotax tech support for 2 hours, 10 minutes.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you are still experience the issue, please call Customer Service and tell them you have a "block payment issues, possibly due to billing or an invalid license" and the agent should be able to help you. Here is how you reach customer service:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

Well TT 2023 is having a problem too.   It sucks. 

grayfl
Returning Member

Yup, I'm getting "hit a snag" in two places in TT 2023 Basic, Desktop Mac (fully updated):

1) Income Summary Page > Social Security (SSA-1099) > Update button.

2) Amazingly I also get it on the "Done with Other" button on the Other Tax Situations page. Sheesh!

The exact message is:

"Hmm, looks like we've hit a snag. We recommend you revisit the last topic you were working on to make sure all your info is correct."

Needless to say the suggestion that it is /my/ fault somehow is baseless and rechecking previous entries is to no avail. That [Sounds good] button gets offensive pretty fast. They should change that.

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

Make sure you have run all updates to your TurboTax program. Did you try clearing your cache and cookies and going out of your TurboTax program and going back in?

Click here for instructions on how to manually update your turbotax software.

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

Please feel free to come back to TurboTax Community with additional information or questions or click here for information on Turbo Tax Support.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies