Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

Token # 1177341

Florida....although I will not be filing state return

Home and Business on windows.

There was an update to be installed this morning.  But, it did not fix the "Form 7206 cannot be e-filed" bug.

DH581

Same issue. Token #1177342.

Yes. It’s 2/9/24 at 8:23 Eastern. The desktop version updated this morning but the “ineligible to e-file” because of Form 7206 problem persists. 
Has anyone been able to get an answer from  TT as to when the problem will be fixed?  This is TT’s issue and not the IRS’s. Online TT users are able to e-file. 

schoene22

I have a token number 1177351 for the error not being able to efile with form 7206. Can anyone help me correct this error so I can efile my taxes?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

@Dee4817 @krp1962 @vdawg @lowellj55 @pnwanni @Slow Reader @Jenndy43 @Laura22334455 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
singmanc

Token 1177365; same issue with e-filing Form 7206.

This issue has not been resolved.  I did as you suggested and I still get the error.  I have reenter the return and I still get the error.

Turbo tax is bull _ _ _ _!!!!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We know some of our customers have had issues with Form 7206. Please use this FAQ to sign up for notifications.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Try FreeTax USA  you can efile fed for free state is almost 1/2 the cost of turbo tax and form 7206 works by efile

@CatinaT1   I’ve signed up as you suggested.  However, this thread seems to be more on point.  This morning the error still persists after multiple attempts.  Same error message as you have received from those with tokens and screen shots above.

Are you allowed to tell me if this issue has been escalated?

Will TT make an exception to their update once a week on Thursday policy if they find a solution?

It appears the issue is centered on the desktop version, and @Santanahm found the on line version worked for him.  Has this information been passed up the chain?

Thanks,

John

Yep. Desktop still not able to efile and since people on this thread are saying it's resolved (online version apparently) I started a new post a few minutes ago that  the DESKTOP version not able to efile.

Hopefully people respond there and Turbo Tax sees it. 

geryon79

Same problem; e-file prevented because of 7206,  even after clearing cache and cookies.  

Token number 1177398.

Massachusetts state return is included in the return.

This is ridiculous. We need to get this fixed. My tax return is 150 pages if I have to print it.

wcrown
Returning Member

Token # 1177418

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies