Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Young Lim
Returning Member

Form 1116 Schedule B

Yes i got the same e-file rejection yesterday and have the same TT message about product release March 18th.

so i will need to wait and then try to re-file.   what happen to all the direct debit and payment amount information entered in the rejected file  when i e-file again after March 18th fix.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Form 1116 Schedule B

Although the form and e-filing of the form is functional, a small number of customers have been receiving a rejection. This rejection will be fixed on 03/18.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
thisisdavid
Returning Member

Form 1116 Schedule B

Hello, 

Do you mean 3/18/22 (Friday) or 3/19/22 (Saturday)? Will this functionality to support Form 1116 be available for MAC Desktop versions as well? 

For clarity, will this support regular e-filing (NOT paper filing) or does it involve something about attaching a Form 1116 PDF or other that I've seen mentioned somewhere in this long thread? I am hoping for an answer that this update will allow regular e-file I am used to but If it is latter or different from regular e-file'ing, could you please point me to instructions on attaching the PDF or the additional steps involved beyond regular e-filing? 

Form 1116 Schedule B

Suggest patience. TT will ultimately fix this as this is a quite common tax situation. TT uses a common code base for all their platforms however it takes a few days for it to wind itself into them (meaning Mac may lag in getting updated). Just wait until you see your version update. Ultimately this will be fully supported for e-filing.

Note: TT focuses on their professional version first used by accounting firms (whose clients no doubt have 1116 abundant tax issue). 

I'm gonna worry with this next week.

msk81
Returning Member

Form 1116 Schedule B

We received an email from you on 3/16/22:
"We have some great news! Our TurboTax Development Team has been working non-stop to support e-file for IRS Form 1116 Sch B. We’re happy to share that you are now able to complete and e-file your return. We know that not being able to e-file this tax form earlier was frustrating, and we’re truly sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused. We’d like to offer you 20% off any TurboTax federal product since you experienced a less than ideal filing situation.*"

Of course I cannot enter the service code, since, to get to the point where I experienced the issue the service code is compensating for, I had already paid TurboTax $168. And when I log in again, there is no way to get back to Step 1 of the final process. I can only finalize (Step 3), since the payment has already been made.

So I called customer care today, the agent keept repeating (at least 3 times) that I had to enter the service code before paying, which was annoying to say the least. I asked her to speak with a supervisor and after a while she got back to me saying that "unfortunately that is the policy".
Very poor customer service, very bad experience, this service code thing feels like a joke since it's awarded after paying, plus the code expires in a month so I won't be able to use it for next year tax return.
Because you did not provide any solution after I contacted your customer service and I explained that it was impossible that I could apply a discount after I have already paid TurboTax and I remained stuck for weeks without being able to efile my tax return, I will need to dispute the transaction with my bank. Unfortunately, you're going to lose me as a client and I want to make sure that other customers know about my experience as well because it is not fair to receive this type of treatment.

Form 1116 Schedule B

@msk81 wrote:

Because you did not provide any solution after I contacted your customer service and I explained that it was impossible that I could apply a discount after I have already paid TurboTax and I remained stuck for weeks without being able to efile my tax return, I will need to dispute the transaction with my bank. Unfortunately, you're going to lose me as a client and I want to make sure that other customers know about my experience as well because it is not fair to receive this type of treatment.

This is mainly a user community forum and not a direct route to TurboTax Support for anything account-specific. 

Sorry you had a frustrating time.  I agree the discount code doesn't do any good for someone who has already paid.  It would have been better if they had offered folks like you (who have already paid) a deal for next year's product.   If you would like to share your entire experience with Intuit Corporate, I've provided the method below.  I don't know what they will say/do, but they are generally pretty good about looking into things.

If you were to continue with TurboTax in the future, I'd recommend the desktop software, which has a 60-day unconditional moneyback guarantee.   It also has other advantages over Online TurboTax including Forms View. If you do use desktop software next year, you can move the *.tax2021 data file from your online account to your desktop to transfer into next year's 2022 return for continuity.

If you want to contact the Intuit Corporate office, you can go to the page below. Just below the page's large title, you'll see a screen-wide blue banner that prominently says:

"Do you have a question, concern, or feedback about an Intuit product or service?"

There is a "Send an email" link with an arrow.  It goes to a designated person in the office of the president of Intuit, and they supposedly will assign it to the right team for review.

NOTE:  Do NOT send any sensitive personal data since that is regular email--not secure email.

https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

Form 1116 Schedule B

Upgraded to version 0538 and was able to successful e-file (I got IRS confirmation about 20 min after the initial e-file). Note: I have a messy Form 1116 (numerous filings plus carry overs from past years). I did get rejected initially. Below are some tips I used:

(1) I deleted all my previous Form 1116 by going into the Forms MODE and manually deleting them (anything labeled 1116.

(2) I went back thru the guided interview process under Deductions & Credits > Estimates > Foreign Taxes Paid

(3) I re-opened Forms MODE and ensured no forms showed a "!" warning symbol.

(4) I had TT do a final review

(5) Submitted as normal.

While your mileage will vary, on my first attempt (I did delete all the Form 1116) simply walked thru the interview. The TT rejection came 3 hours after the initial e-file. The accepted by IRS (on 2nd attempt ) came within 30 minutes. Short - if you don't get an IRS accepted message within first hour, it's probably going to get rejected.

Kepa
Level 1

Form 1116 Schedule B

I can confirm that H&R Block does have both the Schedule B and the ability to file it electronically.

This time Turbotax dropped the ball.

JandN

Form 1116 Schedule B

So, I saw the reply from the TurboTax Expert that referred to the official TurboTax website link for forms availability, in which the Expert messaged that the form IS available as of 3/10 for mailing as well as 3/11 for eFiling,  and just now the site/link says the Form 1116 Schedule B is indeed available.  However, when I open my TurboTax and check for notifications it says I'm okay with all updates...but when I go through the smart check, it says it will be forthcoming??

Additionally, you say that regular mail filing will result in long delays.  Can you provide estimates of how long that might be by the IRS?  I realize that you have no control over that, but perhaps based upon anecdotal reports you can provide.

Please.

Kepa
Level 1

Form 1116 Schedule B

The Schedule B is available by clicking on Forms, then again on Forms on the top menu, and then opening a form. Navigate to the Form 1116, open that, and add the Schedule B to your tax return. 

However, there are a couple of bugs in it. For my return I needed to add a value to the 6th past year. Everything seemed to work great, but at the very last minute I got a diagnostic error that said that the value had to be added not only to the Schedule B, but also to the base Form 1116. Apparently these are not connected properly. That was an easy problem to correct, just adding the same amount in both places. 

But... when I printed my return to check it... the value I had added to the 6th past year ended up reported by Turbo Tax in the 10th past year. That is a significant bug for which there is no workaround.

I called the support line and got a dude that had no clue about what I was talking about, and was giving me incorrect instructions. I hung up and will try another day to see if I get a smarter support person. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Form 1116 Schedule B

Please do follow the instructions here to give us a call back and get a better agent, as this is something best looked into by phone. @Kepa

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
brisdog

Form 1116 Schedule B

It says the form 1116B is missing and must be reattached.  If its not a lot of money abandon the "Credit" road and take the "Deduction" road.  This cancels the requirement to file the 1116B.

sdlaforge

Form 1116 Schedule B

When I went to e-file my return, I got the message "the form 1116, Schedule B is missing and must be reattached. " It appears there is some disconnect in the program, because the form is in the file and can be printed out OK. Intuit support and I found that submitting federal and state together results in the error, but e-filing them separately works well.

Form 1116 Schedule B

How do we attach the PDF for 1116 Schedule B. I am filing the taxes now, but I am getting the transmission error saying that PDF needs to be attached.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies