turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

darnellx3

Filed missouri taxes through turbo tax. need to send them taxes I still owe. do i need to just send in the payment voucher or the long form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

51 Replies
gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

Filed missouri taxes through turbo tax. need to send them taxes I still owe. do i need to just send in the payment voucher or the long form?

Are you saying you e-filed your Missouri Income tax return through TurboTax, but have a balance due yet to be paid to the state?

As long as your e-filed Missouri return was accepted and you did not make an electronic payment when  you transmitted the return, then all you need to do is to send in the payment voucher and your payment.

Here is some additional information:

Form MO-1040V, Individual Income Tax Payment Voucher, is the voucher you send with your payment when you do not make the payment with your income tax return.

It is similar to vouchers returned with loan, utility, and credit card payments.

Form MO-1040V ensures that your payment will be processed more efficiently and accurately.

Form MO-1040V allows you to file your completed income tax return and send your payment at a later date. Your income tax return and payment are due no later than April 15, 2021.

If you have an amount due on an electronically filed return, or do not submit payment in full when you file your income tax return, send Form MO-1040V with your payment.

DO NOT use Form MO-1040V for making extension payments. Please use Form MO-60 or visit our website to pay online. 

1. Enter your social security number (SSN). If you are filing a combined return, enter your and your spouse’s SSN(s) in the order they appear on the return; placing your spouse’s SSN in the appropriate field below.
  2. Name Control - Enter the first four letters of your last name.
  3. Amount of Payment - Enter the amount of your payment in whole dollars.
  4. Make your check or money order payable to the “Missouri Department of Revenue.”
  5. Do not send cash.
  6. Do not postdate your check; it will be cashed upon receipt.

The Department of Revenue may collect on checks returned for insufficient or uncollected funds electronically. (U.S. funds only)

1. Write your name, address, SSN, daytime telephone number, and “2020 MO Income Tax” on your check or money order.
  2. Detach the payment voucher at the perforation, and mail with your payment. Do not mail a copy of your previously filed return.
  3. Please mail your Form MO-1040V and payment to:

Missouri Department of Revenue

P.O. Box 371

Jefferson City, MO 65105-0371

Please print as shown below in black or dark blue ink. Do not use red ink or pencil.

If you need additional information, please refer to the following link:

MO Form 1040-V Payment Voucher

I paid my tax due on Missouri's online payment site (http://dor.mo.gov/personal/payonline.php )

Do I still need to mail in the MO-1040V form? If so, do I include a printout of the online payment acceptance, since I won't be sending a check?

PattiF
Expert Alumni

No, you do not need to mail in the MO-1040V. That form was associated with your Missouri return and tax due. The state has the facsimile of the form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jmusec

My Missouri state payment was made using a call-in number [phone number removed] as provided by Turbotax.  I did not use http://dor.mpo.gov/personal/payonline.php.  How does that become applied to my tax return saying I have no taxes due?

BillM223
Expert Alumni

The IRS and states associate tax returns and payments for your return through your Social Security number. This is why when you pay a state online, you don't have to mail in a form - you filled out all the necessary information while online.

"How does that become applied to my tax return saying I have no taxes due?" I don't understand what this means...are you saying that TurboTax said that there was no tax due yet you paid it? Please explain this.

@Jmusec

Roscoe1963
Returning Member

I need to refile my Missouri state taxes only 

Roscoe1963
Returning Member

I need to refile my Missouri state taxes 

I don't owe no money I have money coming back to me

Roscoe1963
Returning Member

Jefferson city said that they don't find me in the computer system. So I need to refile my Missouri state taxes 

I don't know if payment was collected when I eFile my Missouri return.  How can I tell?  

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

You’ll need to check your bank or credit card records to verify whether or not you paid your state tax due.  

You generally have to pay your state taxes due using its preferred payment method.  For some states, this is by paying on their own revenue website, or by mailing a check or money order.

You can visit your state's website  for more information.  Please see How do I contact my state Department of Revenue? and What are my options for getting my state refund or for paying any state taxes I owe? for more assistance.  

@bp011093

I was trying to confirm which payment option I picked when I efile.  I picked a future date for the payment but was sure if the money would be taken out electronically.  Turbo tax instructed me to print form MO-1040V.  Does that mean it's not submitting my payment electronically and that I need to mail in a payment?  

Same for me.  I'm sure I chose to take the MO payment out of my bank account (same as Federal), but TurboTax is asking me to print the MO-1040V and mail it in.  I have found no way to double check my earlier payment method to Missouri.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You can reach out to the MO state tax department here, and they can verify this for you. @delta_bravo

Intuit, that is a terrible response to the previous individuals who asked this question. You need to own more responsibility than saying contact the state of MO. I have the same question. I selected to have my state taxes paid electronically when I e-filed. The payment date is set to 4/15. After everything was electronically submitted you then force us to print form MO 1040 V which implies that I am mailing a check. Which is it are you sending the electronic payment as I instructed or am I mailing a physical check with the form. WTF?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies