turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bajenkins

Error:"Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection." "Sometimes the connection between your browser and our server can be dropped as it traverses the Internet."

Login screen jumps to blue interstitial, then goes to error page.  

"Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection.

Sorry about this! Sometimes the connection between your browser and our server can be dropped as it traverses the Internet."

Tried deleting cookies and flushing cache

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Error:"Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection." "Sometimes the connection between your browser and our server can be dropped as it traverses the Internet."

Try using a different internet browser to see if this resolves the issue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

• It doesn't matter what browser or phone I use the connection is still dropped, cannot log in.

im having the same issue.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have cleared your cache and cookies and used a different browser and the mobile app and you continue to get this message please see this TurboTax FAQ for more assistance on how to use a CD/Download version of TurboTax:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/why-am-i-getting-oops-something-went-...

Try using a wifi connection, that's what worked for me. Course I had to walk down the street, 17° and snowing. Would have been easier to do it with paper and pen and mail it in.

arip
Level 3

I’m having the same issue. Can anyone tell me what they did to fix? Other browsers repeat the same issue. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@arip  Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with troubleshooting the issue you are experiencing.

arip
Level 3

@MichelleLO they aren't able to help. please have a senior technical support person contact me. this is clearly on the TT back end.  your product doesn't work. 

I'm also having this issue. I was almost done filing as well. It's disheartening and makes me want to go somewhere else to do them if I'm going to have to start over anyway.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@jacob26 Please see the Turbo Tax FAQ's below for assistance with why the connection may be dropping:

If you continue to have this issue please reach out to our TurboTax Customer Service:

What is the TurboTax phone number?

You guys seriously need to look at the above comments before sending a "generic" reply. No the internet connection is not the issue.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@jacob26 Unfortunately we are unable to see your exact screen. If you have been unable to resolve the issue using the guides above, it would be best to contact customer service by phone. 

You can contact customer service by clicking here

I have the same issue.  All was working just fine until I went to import my brokerage statements.

Much like everyone else - I followed the suggestions of clearing cookies, cache, different browser, standing on my head facing east, etc.

Clearly this is a problem with the web version of the software and if not resolved in a timely manner, I'll be leaving TT for good and using different tax prep.

@Intuit, @TurboTax - please post meaningful resolution or just tell us to go elsewhere.

• It doesn't matter what browser or phone I use the connection is still dropped, cannot log in.
  • can i use different software for robinhood . will tax act work 
  • iam exhausted since morning same damm message 
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies