Error Code 2 can occur in several areas of TurboTax, like attempting to connect to the Internet to update, importing financial information, or transmitting a return when filing or downloading. The error messages can differ, depending on where they're displayed, but will always be related to Internet connectivity.
- If you have a firewall installed on your computer, see your firewall documentation for information on how to configure it for use with TurboTax. We've got some basic steps you can start with.
- If you use a router or other Internet-splitting device, you may need to update its firmware. Refer to your router manufacturer's website for specific details. If you use DSL and a router, you may need to adjust the router's MTU settings.
If you're trying to import financial data and are still having problems
- From the TurboTax File menu, select Import, then select From Financial Partner.
- You may see a screen showing that the financial partner information is downloading. Do not cancel the download. If the error message appears, select Cancel.
- When you get a message that the partner list could not be updated, select Continue.
- Select the name of your financial institution or payroll provider.
- Enter your login information and proceed.
- Allow your information to download. This may take a while and the screen may appear to freeze while your data is downloading.