Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Error message “Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection” issue

@TiffanyL you guys are incredibly incompetent, including yourself. Your customer service is by far the worse I’ve ever experienced, you don’t listen!! You keep posting the same crap without providing a real solution, haven’t you read the comments on this thread? Nothing that you have suggested works, this problem is on your end. @sdfasfdf you are right, not worth dealing with this company, better move to another provider, these people are unreal.

"Clear and Start Over" is grayed out.  The data entry process is frozen.  I shared my screen with the TurboTax rep.  She saw it.  They cannot offer a solution, because the bug is on the TurboTax side.  If you're read my thread, you would have confirmation that a full reset was done with a new computer, new browser, no cookies.  Same lock up problem.  TurboTax needs to have a software tech duplicate this problem so they can fix it.  I can show a tech how this problem was created, by downloading a large stock transaction file from Fidelity.   Please contact me when a tech is available.

@TiffanyL 

Your response is wrong.   You literally have no clue what's going on at your company.   It's very clear intuit does not communicate within their company.  

Turbotax reps on the phone, reps through fb and support on twitter all have told me this is a known issue that intuit is working to fix.   It's caused when people try to import their brokerage account.   

It has ZERO to do with cache, history, logging out, browser etc.   It's 100% intuit bug.

All you do is angry people and cause them to leave your platform when you constantly give zero help.   It would be best to just not reply.  

20210222_131315.jpg

For folks who are done with this insane loop of Customer Service denying or deflecting this issue, if you have a twitter account and are experiencing this issue then please tweet or DM the CEO of Intuit Sasan Goodarzi.

Seems like this is the only way we can get this resolved per this reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TurboTax/comments/l3nujy/cannot_access_2020_entered_data/ 

@jacknwater You are spot on! The “oops” error message showed up when I was importing my TD Ameritrade 1099s. It’s just amazing that INTUIT hasn’t figured it out yet.

Hi, I had this problem last year and I am still having the same problem this year. I cannot file my taxes because this keeps coming up "Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection" It is definitely a Turbotax issue as I have used 3 different devices and have superior internet. I noticed that this fails when you go to import financial data from another site, it seems to crash Turbo Tax. If they can't fix it in the next couple of weeks I will have to find another company. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Since you continue to experience the same problem, even after following the troubleshooting steps, please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support for further assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Since you continue to experience the same problem, even after following the troubleshooting steps, please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support for further assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@TerukoL 

Are you a robot?

LOL.  When u click the link....it will tell you the same thing I bet haha

horrible!! seems like a robot... I called customer service so many times, including last year. Looks like they will never pay a programmer what they deserve to fix their website. Going to have man y more complaints on the way with all the Robinhooders...

I already reached out to customer support.  Spent an hour on the phone while they told me to clear my cache, etc.  Of course, none of it worked.  And the call ultimately dropped.  It is pointless going through customer support.  Unless this is fixed soon, I'll have no choice but to use another service.  

Got the same message on phone and Turbo Tax Online......

Took the risk of getting the CD version/download of Turbo Tax - It worked....took some time to import the transactions from Robinhood (approx 2000 ) but it worked......

I have nothing to contribute, other than to say I am having the exact same problem, with the exact same exasperation.  My problem began when I downloaded my Charles Schwab stock transactions file.

Intuit please fix this - it's really lame you haven't done so yet. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies