turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

d59price
Returning Member

Download vs CD

In past years I have purchased a CD in order to load the particular turbo tax on my computer.  With this option Turbo Tax allows me to upload the program to more than one computer.  If I download the product can I still download to more than one computer?  IF so how is this done?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Download vs CD

Yes you can install the Desktop program on 5 computers either by CD or download.  You can download it the same way as you did the first one.

d59price
Returning Member

Download vs CD

Thanks.

Download vs CD

I cannot get the state tax to download.  I installed a downloaded TurboTax from a purchase made through Costco of premier version.  When I couldn't get the state tax to download without purchasing the product, I uninstalled and returned that TurboTax to Costco for a refund.  Then I used the Home and business version as the 5th user and I cannot get the state tax forms to update on the Home and Business Version

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Download vs CD

Please click this link to contact customer support. Please be sure to choose the correct product as well as enter a detailed explanation of the issue. You will be given a ticket number and a phone number to contact support once the form is completed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Download vs CD

I have a laptop that doesn't have a cd Drive. Is there a difference between what is included in the CD and software that is downloadable. I want to do the download software version instead of having to spend the extra money on the portable drive I would need to purchase. Inputs please!

Download vs CD

No.  The download is the same as the CD.  Actually the download might be more current and have the updates already applied.

How to install Turbo Tax if you don't have a CD drive

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...Did 

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

Download vs CD

The CD and the download contain the same information. Either way, you end up downloading your program updates through the internet.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
FrankLuh
Returning Member

Download vs CD

i purchased the cd but found my cd does not work.  can i install via download?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies