turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does any know why I would be getting the below e-file error? "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets" ??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Does any know why I would be getting the below e-file error? "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets" ??

This error normally appears when there are forms in your return that are not ready for e-filing.  You might try restarting the review and then filing steps and take note of any messages about forms not ready.  You could also continue the filing process and try just e-filing the Federal returns, if it is your state you are working on now. You of course would then need to check back later to complete e-filing the returns or print and mail them if you wish.   

"DMarkM1 Employee Tax Expert"

We recommend that you sign up within TurboTax to be notified when your form is ready. When you try to e-file a form that's not available yet, you'll get a message with the option to sign up.

Please click on Review, on the left menu.  You may see a message "Some of your tax forms are not ready".  Below the message, you can select the link that says "I want to sign up for email notifications

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for form availability:

Thank you for this info. Unfortunately there is no forms that aren't ready. My State return is complete & ready to e-file but for whatever reason it won't let me. I filed my Federal & was hoping if I did them separately this would fix the issue but unfortunately it hasn't. I'm trying to avoid having to mail in my State return as I'm out of the country for the foreseeable future. I'm not sure if you have any other suggestions that might help? Thanks again.

There is some error in your state taxes that TurboTax cannot identify and resolve.  Please delete your state taxes and do them over again.  Here are some directions to follow.

Great, thank you this was really helpful.  I've now deleted my State return & redone it but now Turbo Tax is wanting to charge me a fee again. I've already paid the first time around. I'm concerned that if I pay again & then I can't e-file I will have wasted money. If anyone has insight into this it would be super helpful! Thanks again.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies