turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sphenness

Completing efile not working

Turbotax screen "let's complete your purchase online, select Continue and we will connect to our secure online store to ......" Problem, "CONTINUE" does not work

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try clearing your cookies and cache. For instructions, please click the following links: Clear Cookies - Clear Cache.  If the error still persists, please contact customer care by following the steps here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sphenness

Clearing cookies and cache did not help, so I will call in.

Kurt8
Returning Member

I just tried to efile a 2020 Form 1120 and received an error when I pressed the Transmit button.  It said that tax season is not open.  I did it on 2/12/2021

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS began accepting returns today. It is possible there could be some delays. If you are using the software, try doing an update. If you are using the online version you can follow the process listed above by @BrandiLO.

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

Manually update software

IRS Tax season information.

2021 tax filing season

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kurt8
Returning Member

I believe the issue is that your system is giving this erroneous message when it is overwhelmed with too many submissions.  I tried twice more and on the third attempt, my submission was successful.  Kinda like trying to sign up for a vaccine shot.

Do you have a newer laptop or computer, say purchased in the last two years?  Are you stuck when trying to purchase the state filing fee?  This might be a screen resolution issue.  Go to your display settings and reset your screen resolution to a lower setting, such as 800X600 which is the lowest my will go.  This will allow the pop up window to work and you can move forward with the e-file purchase process.  You might have to play with different settings for resolution because the lowest setting, which makes the screen display the smallest amount of screen real estate, might not show you all the fields needed to be completed or cut off the first few characters.  However, this worked for my HP Envy purchased in November of 2020.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies