turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot seem to get the form 5695 imported into my turbo tax efile how do I do this?

this is not giving me an answer
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

100 Replies

Cannot seem to get the form 5695 imported into my turbo tax efile how do I do this?

You will have to upgrade to the Deluxe edition for the Home Energy Credit.

The Form 5695 Residential Energy Credits for tax year 2023 has not yet been finalized in TurboTax.

The Form 5695 is scheduled to be available in TurboTax on 02/07/2024 (subject to change).

Go to his TurboTax website for forms availability - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

Deleted...Somehow got incorrectly attached to the this post.

Nothing in the app has indicated it would require an upgrade to Deluxe to file this form. That's insulting, frankly, after they have delayed my ability to file week after week by continuously postponing availability of 2023 Form 5695 every single week since the filing season opened, always claiming "next Wednesday" until the day arrives. This form has been available on the IRS website since February of last year, nearly a full year ago. The law it is implementing was passed in 2022. What is the excuse for not being ready by filing season, let alone a month into it, for customers to make use of TT software to claim thousands of dollars in credits the current software would deny them under outdated law and forms? Are they seriously going to ask us to pay them EXTRA for the bad job they're doing? I have never seen a better argument for switching to taxslayer or freetaxusa.

@JediNxf7 The TurboTax Free online edition is for very simple tax returns that do not require any other form or schedule other than the Form 1040.  If your tax data requires entry on any other form or schedule then you must upgrade to the Deluxe edition or higher.

Go to this TurboTax website for the Free online edition, scroll down and click on Tax Forms for the forms supported by the Free edition - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/free-edition.jsp

The IRS just finalized the Form 5695 instructions for tax year 2023 on 01/31/2024.  It takes awhile for the new instructions to be complied and then integrated into the TurboTax software.

Go to this IRS website for other vendors who provide Free File - https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/browse-all-offers/

It's so frustrating! It's not the form that we are waiting on. It's the instructions on how to fill the form out. I too have been waiting for this since the early beginning of January and nearly a month later it's still not completed. I just hope they don't delay it another time. My Mom uses Taxslayer and they have the same issues with the with that software. It's the IRS, not the software.

the form is finalized now with the irs as of Saturday.  Now its all on Turbotax... should be available today, no excuses

BLWP

It's interesting that Turbo does have a form 5695 and it fills in incorrectly. There is no notice that you should not rely on the information, but it basically shorts your tax credit by 20% of the insulation cost, in my case $746. 

I have discussed this with customer support and was told that it is not incorrect and I would have to pay for a tax advisor to discuss it any further. 

Look it up. For insulation, the tax credit for 2003 is 30% of the material cost to a max of $1200 credit per year. (In my case 30% of $3735 should equal $1120 credit). The Turbo program figured my credit at 10% ($374) and the form was not modifiable. I wonder how many people don't notice and are getting shorted. ($746 for me).

I've been a Turbo customer for as long as I can remember. Not next year...

The TurboTax form availability tracker says the form 5695 will be available tomorrow, 2/7/24. TurboTax does not always hit their target date. You can check availability here: https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

OR click on Review in your tax return.

I noticed the exact same thing we had to replace a water heater and the air system and they trying to give me 300 instead of 2k+ in credits so now I'm sitting and waiting for them to get their stuff together and finally use the 2023 guidelines that are in the IRS site, could have done taxes early January but because of this we have to wait it is so disapointing 

Its February 7th and that Form is still not available. I guess its next Wednesday then.

Turbotax - Its time you improve service.

@ subbs wrote:

Its February 7th and that Form is still not available. I guess its next Wednesday then.

Turbotax - Its time you improve service.

It's only barely past midnight on February 7, and in some parts of the country, it's still February 6.    This week's update has not yet occurred. For the desktop product it typically occurs overnight on Wednesday night/early Thursday morning.    That being said, it is possible for a form to be delayed, but it's too early to make that statement.

The Form 5695 is supposed to become available sometime on 2/07/2024 (projected.)   It can occur at any time that date.  Online TurboTax should update automatically when available.   But in desktop TurboTax, however, it won't necessarily show up the minute it is released.  Most routine weekly updates in the desktop product occur on Wednesday night to early Thursday mornings.   So if not during the day, then hopefully an update with the form will come across sometime Wednesday night/early Thursday.   You can use the table in the link below to watch for its availability.   When it's released, there will be a green checkmark in the table.    But again, desktop users may have to wait until the desktop product routinely updates overnight on Wednesday/early Thursday.   It's also possible, as has happened before, that a form may still be further delayed, kinda like watching the arrivals/departures screen at the airport.  But, hopefully, this one will be released in this week's update as scheduled.

Forms Availability Table

This is Ridiculous Turbo Tax. We want to file and get this over with. Can you update the form already?!?!?!?! Your gonna lose alot of customers for next year

I’m changing companies next year for sure. 

SG63

This is a nightmare. I am waiting on form 5695 also. Turbo tax I think this is my final ride with you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies