Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot import 1099 data from Edward Jones

I am now getting an error when attempting to import 1099-INT and DIV from edward jones that says my userid/password are incorrect.  They are not incorrect and i've signed into the Edward Jones site with the userid/password to validate.  I previously was able to download from edward jones prior to the update which was applied yesterday which were released 2/10/23 from Intuit.

Any ideas what actions may need to be accomplished to get back to imports from edward jones functioning again?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

57 Replies

I was able to download correctly from Fidelity. Turbotax should have taken you to a log in page to enter the data for your Edward Jones account. The only glitch was that they also downloaded my IRA account, which I then had to delete the duplicate entry. 

I have the same issue, I can download the tax forms from Edward Jones but TurboTax doesn't do keeps saying my userid and password are wrong. I was able to import from other brokerage firms.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for me,, I can get other investment accounts just fine.  I also went back to my daughters tax filing and i can no longer download from edward jones of which i did a download of her forms on 2/4/2023 and it was successful on that date. I still think the update sent by Intuit is faulty.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

You may need to check your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access. Although the following Help Article is for Schwab, it is possible that your brokerage has restricted TurboTax's access to your statements unless you grant consent, and you might need to do something similar to what is described below: 

@Anonymous 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,, However, Edward Jones does not have third party sharing options.  Also, i previously was able to download the 1099's prior to the Turbo Tax update that was released on 02/10/2023 when i filed my daughters taxes and i tried to download her forms again and it fails.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are unable to import your 1099, please follow this FAQ for assistance. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The partner has been verified.  Edward Jones is included in your integrations and as Ive stated it worked on Feb 4 when I downloaded my daughters Edward Jones details.  I also am nowhere close to the limits specified in the integration. Since I've already downloaded them once, I know they are ready and available per Edward Jones.

I've gone ahead and manually coded the 1099's but i suspect this wont be the last issue raised related to Edward Jones if TT does not address the root cause.

I have the same issue.  Error message "the system did not recognize the user id or password".  I have verified the user id and password, ensured that TT is updated, and attempted all the suggestions I can find.  I have never had this issue before.  Any help would be appreciated.  I had no problem with Fidelity import.

I have this exact problem as well.  Keep getting userid and password error. Spent 2 hours on telephone with EDJ Customer Support yesterday evening, could not find anything in EDJ preventing login.  Then called Apple Support, nothing in browser or network to prevent connection or invalidate userid/password.

Turbo Tax needs to test.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the following update on importing from Edward Jones: Edward Jones Import 

{Edited 2/22/23 12:02pm}

@xpec0 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously, you've already posted this stock answer on the thread!

I was having the same issue.  Here is what fixed it for me.  I was using Microsoft Edge as my browser and none of the suggested solutions worked.  I have downloaded from Edward Jones for years and tried to determine what might be different.  Previously, I had been using Google Chrome as my browser.  Following are the steps I used:

1) Downloaded Google Chrome

2) Made Google Chrome my default browser

3) Logged into my Edward Jones account using Chrome (this included a two factor identification text with code)

4) Launched Turbotax 2022 (I use a desktop downloaded version)

5) Initiated the download from Turbotax.

The software identified the files available to download.  I could select the ones I wanted. The files downloaded as they should.  I do not know if this will work with your situation.  I just thought I would share a specific solution that worked for me with Edward Jones import.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I use a MAC on 12.6.4 and the MAC browser Safari on 16.3.  I don't want to install Chrome as I tried this shortly after moving from Windows to MAC and the Chrome browser introduced problems.  

Above poster (Georgi?) stated this worked on 2/4 for daughters taxes but not later.  That pretty much points to  a TT error. So, I'll wait for the TT fix rather than compromise my MAC with Chrome.

Again, thank you for the try.

JMD1
Level 2

II have the same problem.  No previously suggestions work.  (I have had no problems importing from other institutions.) Turbo Tax tech support is ABSOLUTELY USELESS.  I have spent hours on the phone with numerous reports of this problem.  Here is the wisdom I got from TT:  "you'll just have to enter your data manually".  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies