RandyLL

I cannot import 1099 info from TD Ameritrade. I keep getting invalid signon though I am using the account number and document id directly from the printed document

You can just key it in yourself.

RandyLL

The purpose of import is to avoid rekeying what could be an extensive amount of data and to avoid potential errors. If they offer import, then import should work.

SteamTrain

@RandyLL 

True..but sometimes you end up beating your head against a wall and manual entry is just faster

Why can't you get the import?

1) sometimes there is a mismatch of what characters are allowed with the sign-in password to the outside account.  In prior years, TTX hasn't allowed special characters for some passwords ...like % & * @ and the like.  Don't know if that is an issue this year, but in prior years, Changing to a simpler password at source fixed it.

2)  Sometimes the actual forms at the outside location are simply not there yet.  Even if you have the actual physical forms yourself, the tax import files for the same forms are specially-formatted may not be available for a week or two after the paper/PDF  forms are ready. 

.........Have no idea how fast TD is.  My brokerage has indicated to me that they won't even have my PDF forms (1099-B/8949, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID ) ready until after 13 Feb....and people with REITs in their account may have to wait until March before those are ready.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
RandyLL

Thank you. That is the best explanation I have heard. Worlds above any response from TutboTax support or even TD Ameritrade. I will wait until later in February and try again. 

Again,thank you.

Cookie68099

I’m, using Trubotax Premier for 2020 and am unable to import my 1099s including 1099-B from TDAmeritrade. I enter the account number and document number and get the message “1099 Forms not available for user ID”. Last year I had was able to import without a problem. I am the only one having this problem? Any solutions?

SteamTrain

Nope...not having a TD account myself, I have no idea if TD has the specially-formatted files ready yet. 

IF you own any REITs in your account, the forms may not be ready until March.  REITs are notoriously late in reporting.

lbalback

I can't import from ETrade or Fidelity. And having to later manipulate forms later in the process is all but impossible when you have multiple stock sales to enter when your not initially asked what you bought or sold earlier in the process.

Plus I'm also having to enter several LONG passwords just to be told I can't import.

SteamTrain

@lbalback 

I have no problem with Fidelity......I have a long passwd. but not reallllllly Looooooong, ( IF you have an "@" , that does seem to be a TTX problem for some people, but I don't use that ).

Can't help you here...Call Customer Support...maybe they can tell you what characters and pwd length are/are not allowed by TTX...and you reset your passwords at Fidelity and TD accordingly  (you can always change them back a couple months from now when tax season ends).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

lbalback

Thanks for the input, but the 1099-b are just my primary "Input" pain point. I think Input is just plain broke, I can't input anything including W2, which are easy enough to do by hand. I've used Turbotax for a dozen years and never had this many hair pulls issues.

I'm almost to the point where I want a refund from Intuit.

mr mph

I have tried logging into TD Ameritrade for 3 days now and no luck.  It's been seamless for many years for me but not this year.  Very frustrating.  I hope they work this out soon or I will have to go back to HRB TaxCut.   Keying in is not an option for me.

mr mph

No luck either, I've been trying with TurboTax Premier and TD Ameritrade for 3 days now but I can't sign in.  Fix this TurboTax!

dnice219

A lot of trades on my end.  Manual entry is not ideal.  The import from TD Ameritrade is a fail.  The software is not recognizing my Document ID#.  I typed it in the 11 characters perfectly, no spaces.  Hope this gets resolved.  They charge a premium for their software, so should provide premium service.

Gantra

I realized I was making a mistake and apologize. I was trying to load the 2019 1099 data for my 2020 tax return, which of course is not what I want to do and I presume this is why I got the error. When I put in the right codes for the 2020 1099 data TurboTax loaded the data without incident. I think others have reported this as well. It would be helpful if the error the software generates would identify the nature of the problem or give possible reasons why it might be happening so people will catch their mistake more quickly. Hope this helps.

Cynthiad66

Please provide additional details to your issue with downloading transactions so that we can properly assist you.  Please also identify the software that you are using so that we can determine how to assist you.