Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot download 2019 Amend CD/Download??

Hey all,

So I tried downloading the 2019 Turbo Tax Amend yo fix my taxes but it keeps acting funny and bringing me to a  "This site can’t be reached

nexus.intuit.net’s server IP address could not be found."  Am I the only one having this issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

52 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Form 1040X is the form you will need to complete an amended return for 2019.

However, check the Federal Forms Availability List before you try again.

The approximate date Form 1040X will be ready is 2/12/2020

Yes It says 2/12/2020 for 1040X. Since I did mines online, would it effect it due to it says "Unsupported" for EFile? @KathrynG3 

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Since you cannot efile an amended return, the "Unsupported" for the 1040X does not apply- however, if any of the other forms you need are still pending, make sure they are ready before you file in a few weeks.

@CoreyyJacksonn

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Alright. So when I do a change on my W2's you guys would reprocess it which means you'll take the money back until it fully goes through? Sorry I have Asperger so I get confused plus I got bills that like to auto draft and i'm afraid what could happen is the moment its refunded to me before amending, the auto draft will occur and it could possibly interfere with my amending.

**EDIT** Nevermind I got it now. Thank you all for the answers

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

You're welcome!

So, to review,

1. You e-filed your return

2. Needed to amend it but could not because Form 1040X was not ready

3. Asked for help

4. We said you have to wait for Form 1040X, ready 2/12/2020

5. You got the refund from the original filing and said thank you, but you thought maybe it was all ok and nevermind?

If you have to change your W-2 or add another W-2, you still need to do the amendment.

6. Follow the steps here How to amend (change) my return after it has been filed

7. Mail the change for the Federal tax return

8. If you have to file state income taxes, mail the change to the state

Kira666

"Amending on TurboTax Online is not available for 2019 yet. Check back in late February."

I need to make an amendment as well; does this mean that late February of this year, efile amendment will be supported? I know that we have 3 years to amend, but I'd rather get it done now while I still remember.

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

In late February the IRS will have the 2019 1040X - Amended Return available for use, however, these returns can not be Electronically Filed.  You will prepare your Amended return in TurboTax, and print it out.  The instructions for mailing will be printed at the same time.

To prepare an amended return through TurboTax, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents (you may need to select Show), select 2019 and then Amend (change) return.
  3. Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  4. Carefully follow the instructions. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns.
  5. When finished, we'll give you instructions for printing and mailing your amended return as amendments can't be e-filed.

Three weeks after mailing your amended return, you can start tracking it at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? tracking tool.  Please allow at least 16 weeks for the IRS to process your amended return.

Thank you for your help. I messed up and put I was not a dependent and now my Mom's taxes that she would have received in 10 days or so got messed up and sent back to her accountant because of it...I feel horrible.  I received my state refund today and Federal should be on it's way, so I have to wait until mid February to get this form??  And her accountant can't submit her taxes until that form( amendment) is mailed to the Feds and State??

I am having the same issue also! @CoreyyJacksonn 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

You only need to download the program if it is for a prior year. Since you are amending the current year, you can amend 2019 tax return on TurboTax Online

@20hannah18

@Megmaxwell01

xdscully7

You said the forms would be ready 2/12/20... so it's 2/26/20 and I've been checking every day and still no forms. Also online when you click to download the form it sends you to google because the site is incorrect. I need to ammend my tax form because one of my TSAs didn't send me their 1099R until a couple of weeks ago and I had already filed my taxes. I've already received the state refund. I'd really like to take care of this so can you give me a better expected date for the 1040x?

And BTW, the links you guys keep putting in the answers only take you to the page that says how to ammend. It's like being stuck in a swirling vortex, you just keep going round and round but never get anywhere.

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return availability date is 02/27/2020.

Forms Availability Table.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

2019 Form 1040X is available now.

When you file an amended return, be sure that you select Amend this return before you add the missing 1099-R. Without clicking to amend first, your starting point will change. Then, you would have the beginning and ending be the same, and the change will not be properly captured on Form 1040X.

The links for amending 2019 walk through this procedure and depending on if you originally filed online or with desktop, you can click what is applicable to you.

You will need to file an amended state return to capture the additional Form 1099-R which could affect the refund you have already received.

The amendment is mailed in. It takes 16 weeks to process.

To track the amendment, go to Where's My Amended Return?

@xdscully7 

think amend link doesnt work!! we are trying to download the amend software! http://nexus.intuit.net/ that link doesn't work!! it is now 2/29/2020 and we are still having the same issues! Yall dont care with those generic responses.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies