turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can not login to Morgan Stanley Stockplan Connect to import tax data. Tells me invalid username or password. I can access the site directly using same credentials..

This all started when Morgan Stanley Stockplan Connect started migrating accounts.  At first Cisco and I think Apple was migrated and these  migrated accounts didn't work but my wife's for IBM still worked.  I have transferred my Cisco and IBM shares. This year is my last tax year with Stockplan connect. There were messages on it stating that they had migrated the account and there may be consolidated or separate 1099-B/1099-DIV depending on when you sold stock. I tried the download and of course it didn't work in the new format and got the general error. I thought the previous message from the previous years were  unhelpful this is even less.   Not sure why MS Stockplan would have to make modifications to this. My guess is that they are the ones who changed their end but you would think they could work together to work with both type of accounts. Of course each points the finger at the other and the customers are left manual entering.  Glad I'm done with this after this year.

BradW
Returning Member

Can not login to Morgan Stanley Stockplan Connect to import tax data. Tells me invalid username or password. I can access the site directly using same credentials..

This is pathetic.   

Can someone from Intuit comment on the plans to work with stock plan connect to fix this?  

I called SB customer support and they say that turbo tax is now incompatible. 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Per our Partner list Morgan Stanley Stockplan is supported by TurboTax. For assistance, please see the FAQ link provided below. Also, see this help article What if I can't import my 1099? for additional assistance:

How do I import my 1099s?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is at least the 3rd year in a row that this issue has been a problem.  Ituit's lack of response and continued ignoring of the problem is their answer...They don't care and they aren't going to fix it....despite impacting 10's of thousands of customers....

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Per our Partner list Morgan Stanley Stockplan is supported by TurboTax. For assistance, please see the FAQ link provided below. Also, see this help article What if I can't import my 1099? for additional assistance. If you are still having issues, please respond back here and let us know:

How do I import my 1099s?

@ridgwayk

Great information but has been broken for 3 years for MS StockPlan Connect for certain companies. This thread has documented what the issue and started when MS started migrating individual with some companies to an updated interface. I think they started with Cisco and Apple. The list every year grows on which companies are migrated and no longer works on import.    It started with your login information isn't correct so Turbotax said change your username and password so it conforms to a certain length and no special characters which I always thought strange since our IBM account was able to import up until this year. Now the message is even more generic, General Error.  Unless you actually investigate with appropriate information based on company TT and MS will never understand what the real issue is.

Interesting enough, I decided to retry and got a different message.

Maintenance Notification from Morgan Stanley StockPlan Connect

The 1099 import service for Morgan Stanley Stock Plan Connect is currently unavailable. Please try your import again later.
Please try again on Monday, 07 March 2022 at 09:00:00 PT

Maybe someone will actually fix it before it opens up again but I don't have any confidence that it will.

Until then we have been stuck manual entering in our 1099-DIV and 1099-B which is rather frustrating.  Do you actually test the imports with your partners prior to releasing each year?

BOISEFAMILY
Returning Member

I've been told there are three developers assigned to this issue since the beginning of February. Still no resolution and I noticed that now you can no longer sign into your Morgan Stanley Stock Plan account which probably means there is no resolution and to avoid any further customer complaints they turned it off and tell you to enter the data yourself.  The problem continues....

All who have been affected by this.  I started getting error messages a couple weeks ago the kept telling me to check back on a certain date (usually about 3 days later).  Will, last night I tried again and....it finally worked!!!  I think I may have been the one who originally started this particular thread a couple years ago...I'm glad it's working now..better late than never I guess...

Like you I tried it a few days ago and was happy it was finally fixed. I have also been on Intuit to get this fixed for years. I'm just glad they finally got it working. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I am happy to hear you were able to get logged in. 

Please let us know if you have any other issues. 

I still can't connect

navels

Just want to reiterate what fixed this for me last year: changing my MS password to something without the ‘&’ character in it.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@fintiut

If you have tried the suggestions mentioned, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible. 

mwadekar1

Here is a resolution I had. I found that I had a setting in my Morgan Stanely account that was blocking third party access to the tax document. If you logged into your MS account - you will see the alerts notifying so. Enable the access - and voila - Turbo Tax is able to import the documents!

Hope it helps.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for providing the resolution that worked for you. @mwadekar1

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies